Forsale - Like new Lakland 55-02 Bass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jsorvik, Mar 17, 2004.

1. jsorvik

Mar 22, 2000
    This is a beautiful Skyline 55-02 in natural ash finish with a maple fingerboard. This bass is in beautiful condition with only minor signs of use. These basses sound great and feature the same pickups and preamp as the more expensive USA models. The bass will come shipped in a skb-type case. email questions to

picture at
  2. "Sorry, We Can't Find That Page"

how much?
  3. Emailed ya from the website.
  4. jsorvik

Mar 22, 2000
    sorry for the confusion. I fixed the link to the picture and the price is $875 plus shipping...
  5. its a beaut!

just curious, do you know how that thing sounds vs the 55-01s?
  6. jsorvik

Mar 22, 2000
    That is a great question.... I don't really know because I have not played a 55-01. I do know that it has a very similar sound to the american version because it uses the same electronics and pickups. The main difference is that the Skylines do not have the graphite re-inforced neck in them. Some people say you can't hear a difference and other say you definitely can....

All I really know is that this bass sounds great. I am only selling because of a cash crisis....

7. jsorvik

Mar 22, 2000
    I forgot to mention. I had a small issue with the fretboard joint with the neck (above the nut) that Lakland had not seen before. They just replaced the neck with a brand new one about a month ago. GREAT SERVICE! In any case, the neck is basically new on this bass. The Body is almost like new. SO.... you can almost consider this to be like new.... Sounds good, doesn't it?
  8. Man, if I can sell my Spector ASAP, I think we'll have a deal my friend!
  9. Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    I own two 55-02 Delxues. One with a maple board and Natural top, the other witha rosewood board and three tone sunburst top. Both actually sound different and play differently. So the 55-02's in themselves sound different depending on the wood combinations. My bass teacher has a 55-94 and we compared them, the balance is a little better on my teachers 55-94, but my 55-02's actually have some cool features that his 55-94 doesn't. The easy access battery compartment for one. But to be honest, they sound nearly identical. In terms of answering your question about the sound difference between the 55-01 and the 55-02's. The school of thought behind the 55-02 is a little less aggressive Musicman mixed with a P/J Bass. Where as the 55-01 defintely has the J-Bass Vibe, more so anyway. I think the 55-02 is more versatile due to having two entirely different pick up conifgs that you can pan between; not to mention having the USA Bart Electronics/Pickups doesn't hurt either, opposed to the Korean made MK-1's. But the 55-01's are fine instruments, no doubt...but I bought my two 55-02DLX's used and I saved a ton. I'd always opt for a 55-02. Bump for a great bass on sale.
  10. jsorvik

Mar 22, 2000
    Got your PM. Check your email address and verify that all is well..... Thanks!