Fortified OJ just isn't as good

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Davidoc, Nov 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's not. It doesn't taste as good. Wheather it's extra C, vitamin E, calcium, whatever, it tastes blander.

What are your comments on this? Am I crazy? Is this like the "imaginary" high frequency sound TVs make?
  2. ivanthetrble

Sep 9, 2002
    The stuff with extra calcium reeks!

3. Secksay

Secksay Guest

Sep 6, 2002
    New York, NY
    that sound isn't imaginary. but i'd say you are crazy for thinking so :p
  4. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Howcome I am the only one in my house who can hear it :confused:
  5. not everyone can hear those noises, maybe you simply have better ears than the rest of your family. besides somtimes i hear a very high pitched sound when near an "ultrasonic" motion detector, but then again that doesn't seem to be so for every one of them (different frequencies and/or power levels perhaps?) and I know almost no one who could hear those I could hear although I noticed a large loss in my hearing since I joined a band (now I have ear protection) but still have better ears than the rest of my family.
  6. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    I thought this would be about OJ simpson

or at least his next trail on his parking ticket.
  7. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I'm sorry. Is this a Rosin thread???
  8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    The kind with calcium does tend to taste a little chalkier to me, but calcium breaks down better in an acidic environment, like orange juice, so I drink it for calcium rather than milk.

FWIW, I hear those funny high-pitched noises from TVs as well.
  9. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    You guys down in DB land sure have some immature threads. It's scary down here, part I.
  10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I thought I was special when I would hear those high pitched tv noises but then I was told that its actually our ear buds dying :(
    I don't know what the truth is though...maybe someone here does.

on another note, after living in Ojai for 3 years and enjoying their freshly squeezed orange juice that is made in orchards that I walk by every day....I am spoiled, to me there is no orange juice that compares, unless its homemade and made with oranges from a tree in your backyard....and even then they taste almost the same. I can't stand most orange juice which is a shame because I really like orange juice, but its hard when I can taste the unripe oranges in tropicana and similar brands.

also...why is this in the rosin forum of DB? I just followed the EB off topic link....I'm scared:eek:
  11. Secksay

Secksay Guest

Sep 6, 2002
    New York, NY
    for the tv thing, when you are youngest your ears are at their best, you can hear higher frequencies better, as you get older, your hearing detiorates and you lose your high frequency hearing. The special hearing cells in your ears die and dont grow back (which is why listening to loud music makes you go deaf).

so yeah its true :)
  12. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Ivan the Treble - is this a joke involving "castratos"? ;)
  13. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

Actually, I've heard that fortified OJ works wonders for those with improper Plank technique, as it heals the cramps that ensue.

Heads up, Jon....
  14. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    This is so stupid, I'm not even going to send it to off topic. I'm just closing it. We can all watch it die as a lesson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.