1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fortress Rockbass bridge setup

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by T-birdfan, Oct 4, 2013.

1. T-birdfan

T-birdfan

Jan 29, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    I recently purchased a used Fortress rockbass in fantastic condition with the 3D bridge. I love everything about the bass but the g string action is higher than I like but it seems that it is as low as I can get it. The floating bridge and saddle are bottomed out but it is still too high, but not unplayable. The just a nut is set up at.01 like the manual says, so it's good there. Short of shimming the neck, any suggestions? Like I said not unplayable but still quite noticeable.
    Thanks,Tim

2. T-birdfan

T-birdfan

Jan 29, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    Nevermind, saw a video last night that showed a guy filing the top of a saddle down then filing the notch deeper, so that's what I'll do.

3. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    T-bird,

Let us know how this technique works out!

You can check out Warwick's youtube page for instructional videos on setups for more help!

Mike
    Warwick USA

4. T-birdfan

T-birdfan

Jan 29, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    I measured how much I need to get it down and it turns out to be about 1/16. I'm gonna take it off the bottom instead and it'll work out so that I won't have to file the notch.