Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Forum for those other things

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by byrdsfan, Sep 5, 2004.

1. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    Is there something close to this Forum for those things that usually have six or 12 skinny strings?
    I play bass and im a member here but since i bought my Precision 57 RI, i've lost interest in buying new basses. That still leaves room for those other things and i have a lot of questions about them.
    I know there can not be something as good, but what's the best. I havent found it by a longshot.

2. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    I don't know, but your post reminded me that I want to play lap-steel.

3. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    miscellaneous...?

4. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    No, he was asking if there was something like a www.talkguitar.com.

5. There's always the boards at guitar.com but it's not the best forums. It's the closest thing I know of.

6. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
  7. I too am a guitar player, and the forum I go to for my 6 string needs is the Seymour Duncan forums www.seymourduncan.com/forum

The forum has gone through a few incarnations, including a kill-every-member crash that happened earlier this year (which is why no one there is being shown as registered before march 04)

It's much smaller than TB, but still has a good community. I'd recommend to any guitar player. Bass players are welcome all the same, but isn't that what this site is for :)

I'm "Jake" over there if you should decide to visit.