Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

forum killed?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Contra|Brett|, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Contra|Brett|

Contra|Brett|

Oct 6, 2004
    well, sorry for posting the whole ipod thingy, i didn't realize i would murder the forum by doing so. Anyway are any of you guys in the NW, might i see you at the hammond ashley workshop thing?

2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    To my knowledge, no forums get killed by a thread being locked. It happens, and life goes on. I'll be happy to delete the thread if you like, but life will go on at that maddeningly leisurely DB Forum pace either way. :)

3. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Hey, the forum survived MYSTROKE, it'll live through this.

4. Contra|Brett|

Contra|Brett|

Oct 6, 2004
    it's just that there were no new threads or replies to anything for three days after that (in OT)

5. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Right. The thing is, unlike our pork chop wielding brethren upstairs, we don't normally have a lot of "Poll:WhO wOuLd WiN a TaTtOo CoNtEsT, FiElDy Or RyKnOw?" type of threads down here. The rather stoic DB gents have developed this interesting concept...they call it "Not posting until you have something to say". I'm not sure it'll catch on, but you have to admit, it's interesting.

6. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Mmmm....pork chops...

uhh...what was that you were saying, Durrl?

7. It will never catch on at Jazz Corner.