Forward to the past: back for another tour of duty !

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bassmike62, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 Punch'n Ooomph Supporting Member

This probably has been done, but I don't recall seeing one and apologies if I missed it.

These days, I'm gassing for 3 pedals I previously owned:

(1) MXR BOD, which I sold while scaling down from a PT-PRO to a PT-2 and wanting a few pedals to double-up, i.e. the BSW as a filter-octave-fuzz multi-effect pedal;

(2) EHX Micro Q-Tron, which I sold to fund something else, but still miss. I found it worked well for me on one setting only, but it did that really well.

(3) MXR Phase 90 Block, sold to fund something else.

In the past, I also went twice and sold not long after on both occasions: Boss CS-3 and a Digitech Bad Monkey.

I recently bought a Boss AW-3, also the 2nd time I own this pedal. It was my 1st filter years ago and I certainly didn't understand them as well as I do at this point, so I returned it the day after I bought it. Now, I find I'm not hating it so much. :)

So, dare I ask,

- What are the pedal(s) you brought back for a 2nd (or more) tour of duty
    - Why did you first sold it?
    - Why did you bought one back ?

2. andvari7

andvari7

Aug 28, 2004
    Ennui
    1. Electro-Harmonix Big Muff (Russian) - I had no say in the first time it left service, as it was my brother's, but the second time was due to a broken battery lead on my green Sovtek. It has since been repaired, and in active rotation.

2. Fulltone Clyde Deluxe - I traded it for what I thought was a sure thing. Turned out to be an ordinary fuzz. I bought a new one last month, because I wanted the versatility again.

3. Vox V-847. As with my first Muff, it was my brother's wah. Second time, was a V-847A, which is one of the worst wahs you can buy, without the word "Slash" on it. I bought a third one, an American-made V-847, last year, and it is a great guitar wah, but pretty much useless on bass. It has the potential to be modded very easily, which is why I'm keeping it.

4. EHX Small Clone. My first was a mod, and I had the Roland Jazz Chorus, so I sold it to my friend. I bought a new one, because I was smitten with the girl who tried to sell it to me. I wish I could grow the necessary particulars to ask her out, but that's a pipe dream.

I'm gassing for an MXR script Phase 90 w/LED. It'll free up about thirty percent of my pedalboard, which makes for better arrangements. I'll add a Bogner Ecstasy Red, and be done for a while.

3. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    hmmmmm there are a few I bought, sold, bought then sold again!

Boss FZ-2 Hyper Fuzz: loved the Superfuzz sounds I could get out of it, hated the low-end loss sold it,bought it again (got a deal) but after amassing all the fuzz I have now it was sold. My Geiger Counter alone can replicate those tones and soooo much more!

Boss PS-3 Digital Pitch Shifter/Delay: similar story as above, loved it but then got a POG2, sold it to fund the POG2 then bought another one on a deal. Sold as my EHX HOG and Boss RV-3 more than covers that ground.

EHX POG2: got one as a gift then lent it and never got it back, bought it but then traded after I got the HOG.

Tech 21 Boost DLA TTT: bought my first here and sold here to fund my Space Echo re-buy. Traded for it and then traded off again here. I really dig it but have all my delay needs covered.

this one follows the OP:

Roland RE-20 Space Echo: my fav pedal of all time! Bought the first here, sold it to fund a Strymon El Capistan when they first came out, later sold the Capistan to (nicely) fund the re-buy of my old RE-20. IT'S NEVER LEAVING!

Boss PH-2 Super Phaser: bought it at a pawn shop and loved it but my (old) guitarist wanted it so I sold it to him. I missed it and bought it again a week later from here, now I REALLY love it as I've done a few mods to it.

Devi Ever Legend of Fuzz: bought this a couple years back but sold it to fund something, vowed to get it back and recently it was actually given to me! Glad to have my Superfuzz-like tones covered again but with plenty of low-end. (can't wait to get home from work: awesome, splatty, glitchy, fuzziness!)

4. tomhanzo

tomhanzo

Apr 20, 2008
    West Virginia
    Boss PS-3.
    I bought one for $50 and liked it but didn't need it. I sold it for $150. Bought two more later for $50 each. That all sums up to haveing zero money in either one :)

I use one on my keyboard pedalboard and one on my bass/guitar board.

5. Bassmike62

Bumpety-bum-bump.

Curious to see if other TBers have a tendancy to go back to old girlfriends.

:)

6. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    Just got rid of the first pedal I ever owned, a Boss ODB-3. It was with some regret. I had just recently figured out how to use it a little bit better, and it played well with my new B7K (originally intended as its replacement plus a lot more). But I just wasn't using it, and I wanted the cash/board space. It's not back yet, but I can see it down the road. Maybe I would try a modded one.

7. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Selling pedals :confused:

What a strange concept.

8. Bassmike62

Yeah, I know... But 'tis to buy other and sometimes.... moar pedals !

9. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Moar I understand. :)

10. It's okay. Just let her go. There's mo' better fish in the sea. :p

I regret selling my TZF, but I don't see one coming back anytime soon. $$$$$:rollno:

~ Charlie

11. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    I've had several pedals come and go more than once.
    Boss DD3 twice
    Boss DD-20 twice
    Hardwire DL-8 twice, the 2nd time it stayed
    EHX BMS 3 times
    EHX Q-tron twice and I kinda miss it.
    Zoom B2 twice

12. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    I know, I have 2 of them in the B7K and Empress Multidrive. But there's still some sentimental value.

13. andvari7

andvari7

Aug 28, 2004
    Ennui
    Well, we're bass players, so odds are the answer to that is "NO. NEVER. IF YOU DON'T STOP HARASSING ME, I WILL GET A RESTRAINING ORDER."

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021