Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fostex VF16 question

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by GreyBeard, Apr 8, 2003.

1. I have a vf16 that is tricked out as far as I can get it. I added a CD burner to it a couple of months ago. It was the older Plextor 12-10 etc. that they recommend. I got it referbed, but, it went bad real fast. Uppon returning it they told me that I couldn't get another one bacause it had been replaced with a newer model. So I ordered the newer one and *@#$ doesn't work with 3.12 firm ware. I read on the Fostex site that they have updated the firmware to 3.13 to accomodate the newer drive. Only problem is, where do you get it. The only one offered on the site is 3.10:bawl:

2. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
  3. That was the 2nd place I went after the Fostex America site. I ended going to the Japan site and finding the 3.13 upgrade. I installed it last night and now I a happy camper. Thanks for your input.