FotR: Extended Version

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tsal, Nov 22, 2002.

1. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Gentlemen, the best movie ever just got better.

If you thought what you saw in theaters was good, just wait until you see the extended version! I just went and bought the 4-disc basic edition and over three hours later I can say.. yes it's worth it! The movie is so much better with the new material, it makes me wonder should I see the Two Towers at all or just wait for the similar extended version :eek:

The first part of the movie has couple large new scenes, like whole new kind of beginning for the movie right after the ring's history has been told, and the journey across the marshes, but the main differences are on the second post Rivendell disc - almost every scene is somehow edited. Usually just many small bits here and there but they carry the story so much better.

I haven't even checked the two bonus discs yet, but the set would be worth $40 even without them. Oh, and if you own this special edition, the trailer for 'Two Towers' is hidden at the chapter selection screen: go to the very last page and hit down-button once and the Two Towers logo should appear.

Thumbs up for the Extended Version, be sure to mention it on your letter to Santa.
  2. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I wish I hadn't put it on my list to Santa, 'cause now I have to wait until Christmas! I want to go buy it now!
  3. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
  4. Got it today, box set for $55. 4 disc set w/ bonus National Geographic bonus disc, and a set of "Anduin" bookends. An early X-mas present.

Very nice. I got the last one in stock, too.
  5. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    How's the National Geographic disc, by the way?

There were some matters of copyright or distribution on this side of the pond so the special box set is just the 4-DVD set and the bookends. However, I saw the NG disc sold separately and wonder if I should get it too.
  6. Got it for my sister, but I've already snuck a peak. THIS is what they should have shown. The production cut took out so much explanation, it isn't even funny.

Now when are they going to come out with The Hobbit?

Rock on
  7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

8. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    The Fellowship of the Ring. You know, Tolkien. I'm assuming they released it in Britain as well? :confused:
  9. :eek: