1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Found a Cyberbass but I need some info!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stephanheimer, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Stephanheimer

Stephanheimer

Feb 15, 2009
    I found a Peavey Cyberbass hanging in a Music Shop yesterday. No one could really give me any solid information about (one guy thought it was new/old stock another thought it was a trade it).

The good news is its in amazing shape, felt and sounded great acoustically. I was in a hurry and didn't have time to try it out with an amp or find out what else it came with.

Here are my questions:

I believe that a converter module is needed for the midi output. Can someone confirm this and exactly what is needed.

If it does not come with the converter how hard would it be to find one (or a substitute)?

They are asking 699.00 CDN, is this a good price (depending on if they have the converter or not)?

Thanks all

2. I think you need the Peavey interface for it to function as a midi controller.
    Not sure if you can just plug it into a keyboard/module and use it like an external controller.

3. Stephanheimer

Stephanheimer

Feb 15, 2009
    That's what I thought (I tried a Midibass back in the day but I can't remember what all was included)

Anyone have any info on how to obtain an interface/converter?

4. 78bass

78bass Guest

Jan 20, 2007
    Are you in Windsor by chance? There is a NOS at Leone's.

5. Stephanheimer

Stephanheimer

Feb 15, 2009
    Calling on all Midi and Cyber bass owners!!!

So can anyone give me an idea of how hard it would be to find a converter box? Is peavey the only option or are there any substitutes?

6. JasonHerb

JasonHerb

May 30, 2010
    I have a Cyberbass (although I'm a keyboard player, sorry) and you can play the Cyberbass as a normal bass without the module that converts to midi.

The module is referred to as a SPLITTER BOX (a sadly generic name) and you have to have one of those to get your MIDI.

I'm nearly positive that you could use a Midibase (the older model) OR a Cyberbass with "either" splitter box. I have one splitter box labelled "Cyberbass" and on labelled "Midibase" and my Cyberbass works with both.

You also will need to find our make one of the 8-pin cables that goes between the bass and the splitter box.

Aside from that basic info, I'm not sure if I can be any more help. But I'd be happy to try...

Good luck!!
    JH

7. Make sure you can get the cable and box before you buy it. They are not easy to find items. You might have to buy another Cyberbass to get them.