Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Found a problem with my p-ups...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Canoman, Jun 5, 2002.

1. Canoman

Canoman

May 22, 2002
    Dallas, Texas
    I'm a newbie bassist and recently purchased an ESP bass with EMG HZ's on it. I have two volume knobs, which (I assume) correspond to each of the pick-ups.

The one towards the neck seems to be working fine, but the other one doesn't seem to work at all. If I turn down the volume knob for the working one all the way down and turn the knob for the other one all the way up, I should still get sound through my amp, correct? I get nothing. :mad: Maybe I'm missing something...

Could a dead battery be the cause? I haven't replaced the batteries in it since I brought it home, and I don't know how much it was played while it was in the store, so maybe that might help. Otherwise, I guess I'll have to take it back to the shop and see if they can help me with it.

http://www.espguitars.com/html/b205.html

That's the bass. The knobs I'm playing with (err, that might not sound right...) are the ones closer to the strings. The set of three others are the EQ, so I would think that they shouldn't be the problem.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

2. According to the linked spec sheet the controls are volume, balance and active eq.

3. Canoman

Canoman

May 22, 2002
    Dallas, Texas
    Hmmm, DOH!

Thanks a bunch!