1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Found a Super Fuzz at a yardsale this morning :)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by learning_towalk, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Yard sales are one of my favorite pass times. You never know who you will meet or what you'll find. Today, I found an early 70's (red) MIJ Univox/Shi-el Super Fuzz and a vintage Randall RP-1 Phase shifter. I was happy to say the least...especially since the super fuzz goes for $400-600 on Ebay. I haven't been able to find any listings for the RP-1, but read that they are rare and sought after because it had a really unique sound compared to the RP-2 that replaced it. Just thought that I'd share :)

2. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Gainesville,FL
    Awesome finds!

I'll ask...How much did you pay?

3. Lets just say you would pay more for a cheap set of bass strings than i gave for the pair :)

4. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Gainesville,FL
    OH WOW

5. pictures or it didn't happen!!!

6. Both work and the Super Fuzz is killer! The RP-1 is interesting. It is an LFO based phase shifter.

[​IMG]

here's a 30 second video I made on my iphone with a guitar (recorded with iphone's microphone)

http://youtu.be/0jNAxSaXBys

7. awesome find man!

8. Thanks :)

9. DiscoFreq

DiscoFreq

Jun 13, 2005
    Belgium
    The RP-2 didn't replace it, they were 2 different effects :)

I mailed with the maker and designer a few times, he made them for Randall until he joined Randall.

I'm always interested in it :D

10. Hey there DiscoFreq. Thanks for the info! I looked at your site. Super cool database.

Do you know what the RP-1 is worth/commonly sells for? I'm not able to find any listings and just a few articles talking about it being rare.

11. DiscoFreq

DiscoFreq

Jun 13, 2005
    Belgium
    A Randall Notch Generator was sold for $209 in 2008, an RP-1 was on eBay in 2012, but the seller started at $1200 and there were no bids (duh! ;)).

12. i need to quit coming back to this thread, jealousy building..........