Found a wood shop

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Kosko, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Kosko

Dec 12, 2005
    So one of the biggest things that set me back from trying out luthiery was the fact that I don't have all the machines and tools necessary. I have many but no BIG power tools. Then, last night, I went over to a friends house, who just bought a house. And the person that used to own it passed away, and the wife sold the house. Now the garage had a complete wood shop in it, and the women sold all the tools in to my friend for an extra 1k. Now he has a shop with planers, belt sanders, drill press, bandsaw and many others, I haven't went in and taken an inventory, but upon initial hearing I'm excited. Here's the tools hindering from experementing. So I think I'm gonna keep reading and planning, then try them out. Just wanted to tell about this amazing find last night. I wasn't even going to go over there last night too, very glad I did.
  2. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Don't you just love it when something like that happens?
  3. yeah, just never happens to me!
  4. JSPguitars

Jan 12, 2004
    Grass Valley
    Roger that!
  5. i had a simmilar thing happen to me. when my uncle died (RIP), he left all his tools (table saw, bandsaw, rasps, spokeshaves, hammer and nails:p etc..) to me... i have to say he was my favorite uncle!!:D
  6. tjclem

tjclem Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Owner and builder Clementbass

The same thing is going to happen to me soon unfortunatly. :bawl: My Father has been fighting cancer for 15 years and I think that fu**ing disease is about to win. He has a wonderful work shop Nice table saw, Router table, dust collection, air filtration etc.etc. Certainly not the way to get tools but I know he will be happy to know they are being used.
  7. budman

budman Commercial User

Oct 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Formerly the owner/builder of LeCompte Electric Bass
    Same story for me. There's a big part of my uncle in all my basses. Can't help thinking about him every time I'm working. He engraved his name into everything.
  8. ArtisFallen

Jul 21, 2004
    man that's perhaps one of the coolest stories i've heard in a while. it's great when you luck out big like that.