Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Found an Old ATK ad

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Apr 17, 2005.

1. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    (Why are Mark White's and the Spin Doctors' names blacked out?)

I had minor GAS for these basses back in the day

2. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Interesting, i know many of the ibanez fans consider this bass as one of their favorite models.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Light ash body? lol.

4. his name is blanked out because on another forum theres a bassist guessing game....i couldnt be bother uploading it again...

but i miss my ATK300....probably the best korean made instrument ive ever seen or played.....should of kept it :crying: ...i need another one

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    What about your KSD jazz? They're both made in Korea-it was better than that?

6. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    It's interesting that you now say you miss the ATK, yet I've not seen you post you miss your Kubicki... :smug:

:bag:

7. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    When was the one you sold made? I'm still trying to figure out when Ibanez started making ATK 300s in Korea, I bought mine new in 1997 and it was MIJ.

8. did yours have the J pickup?.....im not entirely sure...i think it was early 90's.....god i miss the atk....still havin withdrawals almost 18 months later....dont really miss the kubicki though....

the KSD is very well built....but the ATK is just at the next level....

funny....about 90% of my favourite basses are Korean made.....most people dont like em, which i find funny...most american made instruments dont sit all that well with me besides a few exceptions such as the kubicki's and Alembics.....im not saying all korean made instruments are good...there are some shoddy ones, but are some incredible ones such as Ibanez and KSD...then come the aussie made ones which are so insanely good, Maton and Belman

9. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    No, mine only has the triple coil MM humbucker surrounded by that huge, ugly bridge thing. I had no idea the ATKs with the added J pickup were also called "ATK 300". o_O

10. The ATK's with the added J are called the ATK 400.

11. Im seeing that a lot of people on the board looove these ATK's has anybody thought of writing a petition to Ibanez to produce these things again? I know they just stopped making the Ergodyne line of basses.... :)

12. last time i checked ibanez japan are still producing ATK 400s and 600s? i think, and a prestige model..although im not too fussed on those cos they dont have the coil tap switch and are a MM/J config with a 5 way pickup switch