Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Found an old DOD Bass Phaser...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassistjedi, May 21, 2002.

1. in the trash. That's right. My friends dad was throwing some trash at the dump near his house and saw an effect pedal so he grabbed it to bring to his son who is a guitar player. Upon examining the pedal my friend noticed a B at the end of the number on the pedal. Long story short, he checked and it is for bass so he brought it to me.

I took the back off and removed the horribly corroded battery and put in a new one; plugged it in and it works fine. I'll put some pics up later to see if I can get some help determining how old it is.

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I've got a old dod graphic eq pedal from "89" so if it's in that style i'll let you know I also have a brochure of all dod pedals from "92" so post a pic and i'll see if I can help. Old dod pedals are great really really well built.

3. yeah ive got an old dod fx62 bass chorus. it rips! its the nicest chorus ive heard. it has 3 knobs, depth, rate and "delay time", which ive never seen on another chorus pedal but it sure is good!

4. Ifriff

Ifriff

Feb 7, 2011
    I have an old DOD distortion pedal called hard rock distortion. I tried it with my bass. Awesome! I can't believe how much low end is there. A touch muddy. I use it as my bass fuzz. Not punchy but super heavy. Based on that, i bought an old DOD bass compressor for$25. Again i'm amazed. I am now about to buy an old DOD bass chorus i found for a cheap price. I have the BOSS bass chorus now. It sucks. Old DOD pedals are cheap and sound awesome to me. Great for players searching for a tone on a low budget

5. NortyFiner

NortyFiner Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Portsmouth VA USA
    I would love to have an old DOD Milkbox compressor pedal. Haven't found one yet. :(

6. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Oh MAAAA GODZZZZ ZOMBIEEEEEE cut it's freakin head off

:crying:

7. Maybe a zombie thread, but at least someone bothered to use the search function, right ?

FWIW, I have a circa 1984 DOD FX25.

8. I love mine but I can't use it anymore! The pedal either clicks on with the slightest touch or not at all. Totally lame.