1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Found on Ebay - Pedulla

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Marley's Ghost, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
  2. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    Sure. They're very nice. I had a 4 back in the day. The MVP 5's have very wide necks if I remember correctly. If that's you're thing, however, I'm sure you'll be fine with it.

3. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    Indiana
    I have an '85 MVP 5 that was converted to fretless. I just measured the neck, it's 1-3/4" at the nut and 2-5/8" at the widest point. Mine looks just like the one in the auction, so I would say it's not a wide neck. You could ask. The most common pickup setup on the MVP is a PJ, but the two jazz pickups should sound great.

I have a newer '99 Pentabuzz with 19mm spacing at the bridge, and that one does have a wider neck, but it's noticeably wider than the one in the auction.

To me this one looks in great condition, and good BIN price considering it's a not too common lefty.

I say hit that BIN!!

4. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    5+ string Pedullas are available with bridge spacing from 19mm down to 16 or 17mm, with neck to match - so you'd have to inquire on this one to see what version it is.