Found on Ebay - "The Holy Grail of Basses"

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Marley's Ghost, Feb 18, 2004.

1. seems a little overpriced to me. o well, im not gonna bid on it, so it doesnt bother me.
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    A LITTLE overpriced? Ha.
  3. Damn, I thought this was on Jamerson's "Funk Machine" :(.
  4. ThatOneGuy

Jan 2, 2004
    So if you drink out of it you'll live forever? :smug: :rolleyes:
    thats the only reason I'd pay that much for a bass.
  5. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Read the description. What a load. :rolleyes:
  6. the only bass worth 75 grand is one being held by brooke burke naked in my bed
  7. Shri

Feb 25, 2003
    France, Paris
    HOLY GRAIL, THIS???? NO WAY!!! i wouldn't pay a lot for that. I prefer RITTER. :bassist:
  8. I don´t get it. So this is just similar bass to Macca´s, not one he has played?

Even if it was Paul´s old axe that price would be way too high. Now it´s just ridiculous.
  9. 75 Grand. 75 Grand. I wouldn't pay 75 Grand for Paul Macartney, let alone a bass 'like' his.
  10. yea, but this is probably the first left handed hofner EVER made. See, the story goes that pauls was the first left handed one made, and that he got it custom ordered... but this could disprove that. Oh, and I definatly disagree that it isnt worth 75 thousand, but worth more that your regular 63 hofner...I'd say maybe even up to $15-20 thousand. then again, I'm no expert. :meh:
  11. kegbarnacle

Nov 18, 2003
    I'd like to have that bass. Lemme check my wallet......... nnnnaahh.... uhhh.... mmmmm.... nope doesn't look good.
  12. $75,000?

Does it come with a studio?
  13. kmacleish

Nov 19, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    This is absurd on so many levels it's hard to know how to react . . . (rolls around on floor laughing really hard) . . . OK, now that THAT is out of the way -

I read through the description, waiting to get to the part where it would talk about the documentation of this being young Paul McCartney's first bass . . Oh, wait . . No? Just made at the same time? Same thing, kind of? Well, HEY, just let me run out and mortgage my house and sell my children, what a great deal!!
  14. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I say we find the blithering idiot posting it, scruff him by the back of the neck like a diseased alley cat, and boot him out the Ebay front door on his rear... :D
  15. I might pay that much if Paul puked on it, or pleasured a chick with it. But not how it is.
  16. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Guy should blow the dust out of his keyboard. Seems the "0" is sticking.
  17. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I wonder how much I can get for mine? ;) (Yes I have one and I figure it's worth about 1/75000 of his asking price)

18. Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Maybe a Kidney?

19. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    every single night :hyper: