Found some Cabs......finally

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by incubus2432, Apr 26, 2002.

1. incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    Since I returned my Acmes a few weeks ago I have been searching for the right cabinet setup. I found a good deal on a mildly used Ampeg PR-1832HE from an online store but shipping made the deal not quite as good. My other option was a new Mesa Powerhouse 1000 ($1200) but the price and size were a little tough to swallow.....those seemed like the best choices. Then.....
    After some calling around (ALOT of calling) I found a NOS Mesa Diesel 2x10 sitting in a music store in my state. Then I found a "lightly used" Mesa Diesel 1x15 on ebay for a good price (from a seller with good feedback, plenty of pics and seemingly honest answers about the condition). Now both cabinets are in transit to me:D. I didn't really want used but this fell together nicely and, as I said in past posts, Mesa aren't making enough 2x10's to meet demand so finding them new would be difficult and I wanted the cabs to match so that meant I needed a used I hear that the Diesel series sounds better than the Powerhouse....BONUS!!!!!
    I know this is a nice sounding rig. I've played on this setup before and loved it. If (and I seriously doubt it) it isn't quite loud enough for my band I can always find another used set of cabs to add to it but I don't think that will be necessary. I am only using a 4x10 now and that is fine volume wise.
    I know I said before that I'd just deal with the heavy refridgerator size cabinets I mentioned above BUT I just couldn't see myself being happy with it for long. I really want the portable aspect along with solid tone so this seems like a good compromise, especially for the price.
    I just had to tell somebody:eek:..........
  2. stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    way to go, sounds like a great setup! be sure to keep us posted and post pics if you can. :)