1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Found some Cabs......finally

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by incubus2432, Apr 26, 2002.

1. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    Since I returned my Acmes a few weeks ago I have been searching for the right cabinet setup. I found a good deal on a mildly used Ampeg PR-1832HE from an online store but shipping made the deal not quite as good. My other option was a new Mesa Powerhouse 1000 ($1200) but the price and size were a little tough to swallow.....those seemed like the best choices. Then.....
    After some calling around (ALOT of calling) I found a NOS Mesa Diesel 2x10 sitting in a music store in my state. Then I found a "lightly used" Mesa Diesel 1x15 on ebay for a good price (from a seller with good feedback, plenty of pics and seemingly honest answers about the condition). Now both cabinets are in transit to me:D. I didn't really want used but this fell together nicely and, as I said in past posts, Mesa aren't making enough 2x10's to meet demand so finding them new would be difficult and I wanted the cabs to match so that meant I needed a used 1x15....plus I hear that the Diesel series sounds better than the Powerhouse....BONUS!!!!!
    I know this is a nice sounding rig. I've played on this setup before and loved it. If (and I seriously doubt it) it isn't quite loud enough for my band I can always find another used set of cabs to add to it but I don't think that will be necessary. I am only using a 4x10 now and that is fine volume wise.
    I know I said before that I'd just deal with the heavy refridgerator size cabinets I mentioned above BUT I just couldn't see myself being happy with it for long. I really want the portable aspect along with solid tone so this seems like a good compromise, especially for the price.
    I just had to tell somebody:eek:..........

2. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    way to go, sounds like a great setup! be sure to keep us posted and post pics if you can. :)

steve