1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FOUND SOME ODB-3 MODS INTERESTED?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TJmccreedy2183, Oct 7, 2007.

1. TJmccreedy2183

TJmccreedy2183

Mar 2, 2006
    hello eveyone! i wanted you all to know of some mods i came upon on the BOSS ODB-3. i tried it on my own that i bought at a pawnshop and it works great not just a bunch of noise anymore!! it's smoother has less overdrive (if you want that of course) more fullness and warmer also!! let me know if anyone's interested :hyper:

2. Foxworthy925

Foxworthy925 Guest

Feb 24, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    are you saying that you got an odb-3, did some mods, and are seeing if anyone else is interested in what you did? ya sure. what'd ya do?

3. TJmccreedy2183

TJmccreedy2183

Mar 2, 2006
    yea man that's exactly what i meant sorry if i wasn't clear on what i tried to say!! OK here they go!! you change location C10 to 1uf or 2.2uf to add mids,warmth and fatness, C8 to .001uf to remove highs that make your ears bleed,and D2,D3 to 1n4148 this will yield less distortion and allow more clean tone coming through, and a little smoother!! let me know if this makes any sense!! it help get me closer to tim C. sounds from audioslave!! that boost with a little bit of overdrive but still full and articulate

4. mav

mav

Jun 10, 2003
    I'm giving it a go but can't find 1uf or 2.2uf, .001uf and 1n4148 everything seems to have a letter b4 it or are you soldering them into the blank holes??
    A pic would be good.

totallyfrozen likes this.
  5. ob3ron

ob3ron

Sep 11, 2005
    Singapore
    clips would be good. =)

totallyfrozen likes this.
  6. TJmccreedy2183

TJmccreedy2183

Mar 2, 2006
    i'll post some pics as soon as i can figure out how to post them!! sorry i haven't used talkbass in a while!!

7. El-Bob

El-Bob

Oct 22, 2006
    Hamilton, ON
    i agree. I've never liked the odb-3 very much, but the mods could change my mind.

8. bassman251

bassman251

Jan 30, 2007
    Hate to bring the bearer of bad news, but the persons book, part of which you illegally posted here, is copyrighted, & thats how he makes his living. Its cheap enough where anybody can buy a copy. I suggest the mods remove this post.

seang15 likes this.
  9. 12bass

12bass

Jan 2, 2003
    Victoria, Canada
    Are circuit modifications able to be copyrighted? Besides, I don't see any direct quotes here.....

Turkeypills likes this.
  10. Foxworthy925

Foxworthy925 Guest

Feb 24, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    I don't know how to solder and don't have a clue about what your talking about. wanna do the mods for me?:smug:

11. iplay4-5

iplay4-5 Guest

Feb 4, 2004
    rockford, IL
    hey wazz happin'? if ya could can you PM me w/ a photo i really like my odb-3 and i'd love to have these mods done fo sho brosef

12. bassman251

bassman251

Jan 30, 2007
    Yep, almost a word for word description right out of the book. So yeah, copyrighted. I bought the book.

13. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    "almost" != copying.

14. syciprider

syciprider Inactive

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    If the info was made available online elsewhere then...

Besides, many of us use "stolen" avatars.

15. m0ngoose

m0ngoose

Dec 21, 2006
    surrey b.c.
    Well if it's so cheap, I guess he's not losing a lot of money as a result of this thread... :D

16. bassman251

bassman251

Jan 30, 2007
    The author does have free mods avalible if you sign up as a member. But that is not one of them. Any portion of copyrighted material that is put in word form must have expressed permission from the author to do so. He still retains intellectual rights to the information.

17. mav

mav

Jun 10, 2003
    bassman251, could you post a link in this thread to the persons book?

18. bassman251

bassman251

Jan 30, 2007
    indyguitaristDOTCOM, don't want to post spam, just do a google search. His book does cover the Boss ODB-3

19. dude you cant copyright circuits, its the words he uses and all that, otherwise only one company could ever make an alarm clock

20. bassman251

bassman251

Jan 30, 2007
    Your right, circuits would be covered by patents. Even those are only good for so many years, to cover the costs of development. You would have to buy the original pedal to reverse engineer it. Even then, I'm sure you know, some companies are famous for that & are in the process of court battles. I'm sure patents & copyrights are considered two different things. Now if you come up with your own mod to change/improve the sound for the same circuit, fine. But you start making quotes nearly word for word from copyrighted material your opening yourself up for a potential lawsuit.