Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Found the bass of my dreams. Oooooh Rickenbacker I love you!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jock, Jun 7, 2003.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I just stumbled across a used Rickenbacker 4001v63 in great shape. It´s got a fireglo finish and it was love at first sight. As I picked it up I noticed it was a lot lighter than the 78 4001 I used to own. And the sound (through an EBS Fafner rig) was superb. Fatter than my P-bass and with a notedefinition that ´s in a league of its own. I just love the sound of the horseshue pup. So I told them to hold it for me till next week when (fingers crossed) I hopefully have the funds to buy it.
    It was $1190. And for such a rare bass especially here in northern Europe I think that´s more than fair.
    Im so excited. I just want to scream:
    I´m in love wit ya Ricky.:D

BTW here is a crappy pic of it:
    [​IMG]

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Sweet! I hope you can get it!

3. No, I'm after that one as well! Hmm. I've been searching for a v63 for what seems like ages ... What to do? :)

4. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Ajaj.:eek:
    I´ve also been looking for that bass for ages.
    There is one in Germany too for about the same price.
    I also told them (Jam)to hold it for me. And I will pick it up on tuesday. I´m sorry. I´ll let you know if I cant get the money, okey?
    Dont cry...:bawl: Please.

5. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    You just got to love the fingerboards on these basses. They use Bubinga as far as I know.
    [​IMG]

6. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
  7. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    LOL:D
    Im prepared to kill for that bass.;)
    I´ve never fallen in love with a bass that quick.
    Im sure its the ONE for me.:)

8. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I had the same reaction with my '80 Azureglo 4001 when I found it at a pawnshop... for $350 (snark). I was then lucky enough to have it happen again with my Sterling.

Isn't it amazing how you immediately *know* when it's the right bass?

9. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Yes, I´ve never felt like this before. And I´m sure it´s not just ordinary GAS.
    The bass just spoke to me. I hope she´ll like me too.;) I´ll treat her like a baby.

10. I've had one of those for several years now. Love it to death. Mine's all black ( a few battle scars here and there). It's a very reliable bass I have to say. Mine needs a little work, and I'm thinking of putting in some new pick-ups.

I hope you get it. Good Luck.

11. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Yarrr, if it where a white rick, I would have to kill ye and steal it from ye.

12. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Why would you want to change pickups on it?
    Which pickups are you concidering?

13. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    You would have to fight me first!;)
    [​IMG]

14. I'm not sure if I really want to. My Rick's not a v63, it's a later model (should have made that clearer, sorry) They're the original factory pick-ups, and they still sound great. (I think the bass itself is about 25 or so years old. don't know for sure I bought it used in '91). I'm going to have it completely serviced soon, and I'll see what it sounds like then before I make any descisions.

15. Arrr, ye can have me Rick when ye pry it from me cold dead hands.