1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Found these on Ebay...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bass Tees, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Bass Tees

Bass Tees

Feb 11, 2008
    Milwaukee
  2. Shovelbone

Shovelbone Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Yonderville Georgia
    I have been looking at some similar to these from the same vendor but for my Jazz. I also am wondering about the quality. It will be intersting to see if anyone has had any experience with these particular tuners! I may just go ahead and send the bucks to find out!

3. Bass Tees

Bass Tees

Feb 11, 2008
    Milwaukee
    Yeah... for 35 bucks how wrong can you go. I imagine replacing the originals isn't a hard task either, although I've said **** like that before.

4. They may or may not be right. If the hole in your headstock is not the right size, the bushing will not fit properly. You should contact them and see what size hole they fit and measure one of the holes on your bass to be sure you're ordering the right size.

5. Bass Tees

Bass Tees

Feb 11, 2008
    Milwaukee
    Anybody ever try those bass x-tenders they have on that hipshot site?

6. Ed Goode

Ed Goode Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Those are Mighty Mites, ( http://www.mightymite.com) very common aftermarket replacement parts. Quality is reasonable and good value for the price. Personally, I'd get HipShots, but the Mighty Mites are fine ...... :cool:

7. lowbass68

lowbass68

Feb 3, 2008
    Mighty Mites are decent, but check out this auction:

http://search.ebay.com/130203515689

I have bought several sets from this seller in the past. These are true Schaller machines but were made for Gibson years ago, thus the Gisbon logo. Quality is much better than Mighty Mite. The bushings will fit a standard Fender. However you need to buy screws as I don't think he has screws. This seller must have bought a large stash of these as he has been selling these for several years.

8. MarkMyWordsXx

MarkMyWordsXx

May 17, 2006
    fyi no where on that page does it say 35 for a set of tuners. it may just be 35 for one.

just keep that in mind

9. UndeadGladiator

UndeadGladiator

Jan 7, 2008
    So, which of the Hipshots work on a Squier P? HB1, HB2, or HB3. My ruler is rudimentary at best, so any experience here?

10. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    Wow "Vintage" tuners. What will they think of next? :rollno: