1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Found this bass tab site

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Lowner, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Lowner

Lowner

May 14, 2005
    Over Here
    I googled bass tab and found this site http://www.fretplay.com

It has both guitar and bass tab. Scroll down and you will see the bass tab. As far as accuracy goes, I do not know if the tab is accurate or not as I have not attempted any of the songs yet. they do say the tab is accurate, though.

The good thing is you don't get any of those messages about the tabs being removed. You get the tab when it comes up. But the listings of the bands under the letters are not in alphabetical order so it can be hard finding the band you want. It took me a while to find RHCP tabs.

2. Thanks for the advice.

I usually just Google my tab searches using a pretty basic format:

<song title> +bass tabs -guitar tabs

If the tab has been transcribed it's a fair bet Fretplay will be one of the first few hosting sites Google returns.

I still prefer GuitarPro software and the sites that host the tabs for it, most of them have the whole band transcribed so even if the tab is not accurate, your whole band plays it the same way so it's more likely to slip under the radar ;)

3. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Same old rubbish though. It would be nice if all the crap tabs were taken off the net and someone who has a good ear would replace them (no, im not offering)
    Nice link though seeing as a lot of the tab sites are shutting down.