Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

found this old recording of myself...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Wademeister63, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Wademeister63

Wademeister63

Aug 30, 2004
    Denton Tx
    I'm really not into slap or solo bass but checking out the Basstaster site that little aeroplane clip interested me. I hadn't/haven't been playing bass long. I've been at it for about 8 months now and this clip is about 4 months old. I played around on guitar forever, I just picked up the bass a while back.

So I mess with that bit now and then along with my regular playing and practicing. I still haven't nailed it, but it's better for sure. If nothing else, the tone has come a long way. today

I think the first one was done on an Ibanez ergodyne 5 string (EDB605), not sure of which strings but they were roundwound. Second clip was with an early 80's Guild Pilot with Labella Deep Talkin' flats. Both recorded with Cakewalk through the Guitarport.

So what have you come across that makes you laugh at yourself? Get em out, let's hear it!

2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    recordings go in.......recordings.

Off we go

3. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Hahaha. Wow, that is some serious improvement -- both in playing and a SERIOUS improvement in tone.

4. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
  5. HamOnTheCob

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    And this always makes me laugh a little because A. I'm no singer. B. I'm no guitar player.

http://users.1st.net/milk/Projects/Jacob_Hamilton_-_Half_Way_Demo.mp3

I wrote this song for my fiance's sister in reference to her cheating husband.

I recorded the vocals on an Audio-Technica ATR-30 I got on sale for $15, recorded the guitar on a borrowed Guild of some sort, just recorded it plugged in, cuz the Fishman sounded fine to me. Overdubbed the lead parts with the same guitar. Recorded the bass on a 1996 Warwick Corvette with EMGs.

Compared to working in a nice studio, this recording always amuses me.

6. Wademeister63

Wademeister63

Aug 30, 2004
    Denton Tx
    Puarija, man that was some nice stuff! Nothing to be embarrassed about there.

Anyone else have some of that old "I can't believe I actually recorded this" stuff hanging around?

7. HamOnTheCob

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Hey, thank you for the kind words. I just can't take myself seriously as a singer or lead guitar player. LoL :)