Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Four String, Neck Through, Unlined Fretless?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassGod, Jan 5, 2006.

1. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I need a fretless, really bad.

My requirements:

Four Strings.

Neck-Through.

Unlined.

That's it. Active pickups would be a major bonus as well. I'm looking for something as inexpenisive as possible (first fretless), that's still playable and sounds good, so any help is appreciated.

Graeme

EDIT: It would be nice to have some five string options as well. I'd like to tune EADGC. Thanks again.

2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Wishbass!!!
    He'll make it for you on your lunch break too!
    :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

-Mark

3. the man said, "playable"...

took me a bit of work to get mine in a playable state...not your typical setup. Wishbass is NOT user friendly.

Neckthrough, inexpensive, unlined...and decent quality...go with a used Carvin. Carvin AC40 if you can find it.

4. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Haha I was kidding. If he included that he didn't want a truss-rod, THEN i'd suggest wishbass.

+1 on the carvin. I've heard awesome things about them. Plus, Bunny plays one!

-Mark

5. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Find a BB3000 Yammy.

[​IMG]

This one was $500.

6. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Just out of interest, why do you want unlined? I want to pickup a fretless and lined is one of my requirements, I took the advice of other fretless players I've spoken too, lines = better intonation for n00bies like me.

MTD Kingston, Heir or Sargotta would all be options, I'm considering one of those as they come in lined and unlined flavours.