1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

four v one, instructions to defend yourself

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Icey101, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Mike DEFINITELY has the intimidation factor in that fight, you can tell that their were 4 pairs of shorts soiled simultaneously when Mike V's shirt came off.

As for Rodney Mullen, I've been watching his videos for a long time, and what he does with a plank of wood with wheels bolted onto it still blows me away every time.

I've been in more than a few fights and have yet to feel the need to nail a guy in the nards, but I admit that these have always been off the hurt ego/pride fights, not someone coming up to me on the streets and trying to mug me or something. There is a difference imo.

2. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I'll stand by what I said.

"Sparring", Martial Arts competitions, and Wrestling are not a street fight.

1) If you fall in a street fight you hit something hard, a brick wall, a concrete floor or street, or worse yet a set of stairs, not a mat. It you are stunned or momentarily dazed against three or four bad guys you might as well curl up in the fetal position, you're toast.

2) There are no rules on the street, if a group is mad enough at you to initiate a 4 or 5 on one beat down the rules go out the window. You might not hit a low blow or wind pipe, but they might. Plus there is no holding back after "contact" on the street. One successful blow is an invitation to pour it on.

3) Often you never even see the third or fourth guy until after he's hit you with a pipe or 2x4

There was a young women I use to date who was a fanatic about fitness. She could take any guy in the gym kickboxing, she was about 5'1", 100 pounds soaking wet, about 2% body fat. Long after we dated she was put in the hospital by a boyfriend who wasn't much bigger physically than I am. But when he was drunk he didn't pull his punches (something most guys do, especially when sparring with a girl in the gym). And he didn't play by the rules.

I have another friend who I use to shoot competition pistol with. He was about 5/10" but real athletic. He use to fly to Japan to win martial arts competitions. He Trained Police special weapons and tactics guys. He often told me he felt he could hold his own against any two guys he'd encounter. But if it was three, he was reaching for his firearm.

3. IncX

IncX

Jul 23, 2007
    Philippines
    lol that video is a joke. i have seen how people gang up on one guy ... they do not charge like a bull and attack simultaneously. the ones with experience are gonna dive on your blind side, and when i say dive, it means they are grabbing/punching you, and when you get grabbed, you are a sitting duck.

however, if its just a brawl with 4 drunken guys without weapons, it's usually easy ... assuming of course, you are trained and can disable one guy so bad, it would scare the others, giving you enough time to disable another one, before the other 2 run away.

for the most part though, when 4 guys are motivated enough to kick your a$$, you will get your a$$ kicked, and the only thing you should learn from the experience is, not to get yourself in that situation.

4. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Not if you are Ryu! Go to the ground for a second, and then bust our your All You Can, and you will take out all 4 guys at once.

[​IMG]

5. Coughcough,Hadouken,coughcoughcough

6. Taking on four aggressors at once?? I'm a two-time Iraq vet with no fear and less shame...but the best thing I'm doing is grabbing the first one that comes at me and making it my mission in life to kill him - even with my last dying ounce of strength.

Because I can go into the afterlife like a b***h, or have company that can vouch for me.

Maybe if I deal with him quick enough the rest might be scared...but it's not going to end nicely for me no matter what happens.

Peace,
    Greg

7. Yes. Not necessarity scared but.... reluctant.

I had an aikido teacher who was attacked on his morning jog by 4 guys still up from a late night bender. He tried to reason with them but they were just in for the thrills. This guy is very fit, very quick, very strong and knows his jujitsu. After taking the first guy apart the others said "let's leave him he's OK". Then they went and attacked an old lady.

8. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    I'd sing Kumbaya with them.

9. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    In order to defend yourself from I-IV-V; stop going to open jams with old dudes.

10. It's times like that you wish he would've just taken out the cowards that wanted to attack him in the first place.

11. Ironbar

Ironbar Banned

Aug 24, 2013
    Tigard, Oregon
    I'm no good at martial arts. If I was attacked by four persons, I would draw my sidearm and kill them.

12. Be careful, it takes the average trained shooter 2.7 seconds to draw, acquire a sight picture, and fire. (That study was done with cops open carrying, btw).

It only takes 2.1 seconds for a human to sprint 7 meters and dig a knife into a subject.

I hope your assailants are fat and slow for your sake.

Peace,
    Greg