Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FOXROX octron better than the EBS?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by pacojastorius, Jan 10, 2006.

1. pacojastorius

pacojastorius Guest

May 21, 2005
    usa
    i think there's 2 guys on here who have one, dont spose you also have used an EBS octabass as well to compare it with?

2. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    I want to give it a whirl- unlike the EBS is has an octave up function, and everyone I've heard says it sound great.

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I should be getting mine soon. I'm positively salivating at the thought.

4. pacojastorius

pacojastorius Guest

May 21, 2005
    usa
    i just emailed the guy to put me in the list, maybe it sounds as good as it looks, pretty dawn 70s, funky , right guys?

5. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    When Toasted gets the octron we're meeting up and are going to compare

Octron
    Digitech BSW
    Dod Octoplus

We don't have any other octavers to hand but we might be able to get a OC-3 and possibly the EBS but I doubt it.

We might also be able to compare to the digitech whammy

6. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Do you have some plans that I dont know about :p

7. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Hehe I did mention it, you know effects get together, our warwick playing Manchester buddy can join us with his whammy, and who knows who'll lend us an EBS or the OC-3

I'll shoot you a PM as well mate

8. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Seriously, don't even bother comparing it to any digital pedals like the BSW or Whammy - not even the same ballpark. I'm not familiar with the DOD but I like the sound & flexibility of the Octron better than the Octabass (and that's not even a fair comparison because the EBS is only octave down). The Octron honestly is the closest I've ever heard to the old Mutron. Someday I'll get my life together and try to post some samples, hehe.

9. benevan

benevan Supporting Member

May 2, 2002
    Memphis
    The Octron has replaced my Octabass on my pedal board and I might be dumping the EBS all together. Don't get me wrong, the Octabass is a great pedal, and better than most that are currently available. I just like the tone of the Octron better. It is more robust and alive than the relatively sterile EBS. And considering that the Octron ($200 US) is less expensive than a new Octabass ($220 US), there is really no reason not to go with the Octron.