Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

foxx tone machine

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by xan, Jun 16, 2005.

1. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Just spotted these on musictoyz.. they look identical to the originals. i did a search and found very little info on these pedals though i have heard them talked of with great esteem. has anybody ever used one and know how well it goes with bass input?

http://www.musictoyz.com/guitar/pedals/foxx.php

cheers

2. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    Bump for this one, too.

3. Prahainspring

Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey
    -bump-

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    These foxx tone machines are reissues :)

5. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    Oh yeah? How do they sound with a bass running through them?

6. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    That sounds awesome, anyone think of any examples from the list of artists? I was looking for somethign small and fuzzy...

7. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    The Danelectro French Toast is a better RI of the Foxx Tone, its an alright effect great for getting over the top muse esq fuzz but it's not worth the price of one of those Foxx Tone RI.

8. tomhanzo

tomhanzo

Apr 20, 2008
    West Virginia
    bump

9. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Brilliant thread resurrection.

10. You can always save a few bucks and go direct. I have a French Toast that sounds pretty good on bass but not as good as a BrassMaster. On a guitar with single coils it's a screamer with very pronounced octave effect.

Tone Machine

11. tomhanzo

tomhanzo

Apr 20, 2008
    West Virginia
    lol. I was on youtube watching some Sex Bob-omb vids and supposedly the guy who did the recordings said he used a Tone Machine.

I was just wondering if any of you had experience with one. I'd like to know if it was all studio magic or if this pedal can really sound like it did on the movie.