1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fralins with East BTB-01 Pre?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Type-55, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Type-55

Type-55 Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2000
    Michigan
    Looking for a 2 band pre to put in my Skyline JO jazz.
    The BTB-01 looks really nice but I can't find much info about it.
    Any one using this pre with Fralins or other high quality passive J pups?
    Looking to fatten up the sound a little. Maple board/ash body.
    Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Doug

2. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Hey Doug, hated the Fralins I had and didn't much like the East pre's I have tried either. I think this is a recipe for an even more bright, brittle sound. I personally would swap the Fralins out for Antiquity II's or Barts (my fave of course) and an OBP-1/passive tone if you want to fatten things up.

W

3. Type-55

Jul 20, 2000
    Michigan
    The only experience I've had with the Aggie is the outboard version and it sounded a little nasal to me. Is the OB version different? I tried it with a Lull I had with Antiquity I's.

4. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Wow, really? That's odd to me. I generally find the Aguilar pre's very warm and bassy without alot of built in mid presence. The East stuff, to me, is very modern and glassy with tons of lows and highs but little in the way of warmth. The OBP-1 is the same as the outboard AFAIK.

W

5. Type-55

Jul 20, 2000
    Michigan
    Sounds like the East is not what I'm looking for. I would like to check out the OBP-1 again. The other 2 band that looks interesting is the Smith BT.
    Any info?

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 9, 2021