1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Framus 3/4 Acoustic Upright

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by tonedeaf, Aug 26, 2003.

1. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Supporting Member

I bought this bass from my uncle about 4 years ago. He played it in several local jazz/dance/big bands before switching to a Baby Bass. I'm not sure how old it is, but it is in good condition (some buckle rash on the back and some fingerboard wear).

I'd prefer pickup at my location in SE Florida, but I might even be willing to deliver it as far as Miami to the South, Tampa/St. Pete to the West, and Orlando/Daytona to the North. I can post pics if anyone is interested.

I'm honestly not sure of a value on this instrument, I'm looking for help with that from interested parties. Post to this thread, e-mail me at tonedeaf1975@yahoo.com, or IM me if you are interested. Thanks
  2. tonedeaf

You can see pictures & hear a short, somewhat poorly played :bassist: (I'm primarily an electric bass player, after all) sound clip at the following address:

I should probably warn you that the page may take some time to load if you are on a dial-up connection. I wanted to pictures to be as high quality as possible so I didn't use much compression.
  3. tonedeaf

I checked with Elderly Instruments, and they put a retail value of $1300 - $1500 on this bass, but I'm certainly willing to take offers from any interested parties.

As I said before, I'd prefer to have someone pick it up (I might be able to meet halfway in the Southeast U.S.), but if anyone has good ideas for packing/shipping this and is willing to buy insurance on it, I'd be more than happy to accomodate.