Frank Gambale Steve Smith Stu Hamm

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by IAMERICCOCHRANE, Jan 23, 2004.

1. I just got the cd "show me what you can do" and its amazing. They have such chemistry together and it sounds great. Stu pulls off some killer solos as does Frank and Steve. Have they made any other CD's together, or is this the only one?
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    yeah, I have 'the light beyond' it's an EXCELLENT album, very tasteful wankering :D

a lot of great tunes though, really groovy, and it's a great well rounded intro to stu hamm(who I hadn't really heard much of prior to this album)

I got the album around the same time I got Vital Tech Tones, which is the Steve Smith, Scott henderson, Victor wooten power trio album, and naturally was inclined to compare the two, they are both good, but I find 'the light beyond' to be way more harmonically satisfying, and stu hamm was a real refreshing change of pace from victor wooten.

good stuff, I haven't heard "show me what you can do" but I'll be sure to check it out, I didn't know about it myself :)
  3. Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    Funny. I was just on Amazon a couple nights ago salivating over some 30 second GHS excerpts. I thought they were really good and I'll probably be buying one of their albums soon.
  4. maxoges

Aug 23, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    They made three albums.
    Show me what you can do
    The light beyond

I have them all and they all rock!!!
  5. I checked out GHS 3 today, although its not as good as "Show me what you can do", its still an extremely good CD. These guys are officially my favorite power trio. Vital Tech tones shmital Tech Tones.