1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Frank Ocean on Jimmy Fallon

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by CrewsControl, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Calebmundy

Calebmundy

Apr 5, 2007
    Nashville
    I just saw this, and I was entranced. I'm going to check him out now.

2. Am I the only one who senses a sea change, a turning of the corner on LGBT acceptance in popular culture, especially hip-hop culture? Who would have imagined just a couple years ago that a black male hip-hop/r&b artist could have a top-trending album (#1 on iTunes now) with several songs about his love for another man, and perform one of them on national TV? That culture had a bad rep for being intolerant, homophobic, mysogynistic (fairly and/or unfairly in many cases) and now look at how Ocean has been embraced wholeheartedly since he came out.

3. pmchenry

pmchenry

May 6, 2012
    SE PA
    I'd say the tide's been changing for a while, though slower than some would like. It helps that many trends in music come out of LA and NY, where the ideas are more progressive. Still lots of work to do, before you see this sort of thing coming out of Nashville though...

4. portlandguy

portlandguy

Feb 15, 2011
    Portland, OR
    cool,