1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Frankenbass build

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by elbeau, Jan 1, 2013.

1. elbeau

elbeau

Feb 5, 2009
    Detroit MI
    I decided a while back that I wanted to do a build for myself with parts I like. I really dig the way a jazz bass looks but the neck is too skinny and in my opinion dosn't sound like a bass should. I could have cheated and gotten a Mark Hoppus signature and slapped in a jazz bridge pup but what fun is that? Started with a Samick bass from a local guitar shop and a bunch of goodies from Guitarfetish.com, ALLPARTS and Fender. Need to string her and set her up and she'll be ready for practice sunday. With the smokey tobacco burst finish, I think the best name for her is Rhonda. If you have any helpful hints, fire em my way. Thanks, enjoy.

39.jpg

2. i like that ampeg in the background.......the bass is nice too!

3. elbeau

elbeau

Feb 5, 2009
    Detroit MI
    Had a slight problem with the cap leads grounding out the tone pot but we're right on track now and she sings beautifuly. This was one of the easiest set ups I've ever done. Nice when people hadent had things gooched up in the first place for me to correct.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 9, 2021