Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Frankenbass emerges!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jasonbraatz, Feb 25, 2002.

1. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    ok here's my one and only pic of my newly graphite-necked sterling, fresh from walgreens one hour photo.

[​IMG]

and before someone asks - the headstock reads MO. 6 right now, i'm gonna change the M to an N and black out the other stuff better: if you count it as a new bass it's my 6th, and 6 is the atomic number of carbon. hence = No. 6

jason

2. Coolness. How's it sound with the new neck?

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Moses Neck, I'd take it? I'm kinda interested in a Graphite neck for a project bass (i.e. Warmoth, ect). How's it feel, shape wise, to a real Sterling neck?

4. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    sounds great. takes that MM sound to a new level, and seems to make the difference between series and parallel even bigger. it could use some more low end though - i'm thinking with a bart pickup it'll be ridiculous.

the neck is really wierd, it's 22 fret like a sterling, but has the heel shape and headstock like a J bass. maybe someday i can get the heels matched, but it's not a huge deal for something i got off ebay for 200 bucks :D

it has moses' standard profile, which is supposedly a little between a J and a P - exactly what the sterling is. fast, slim neck, and it's more of a satin finish on the back than a glossy one, so it's great!

i'm real happy with it.

jason

5. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Jason,

This is you "slap" bass isn't it... how is that graphite neck for slap?????? I would assume its alot different than slapping on wooded fretboard