Frankenbass emerges!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jasonbraatz, Feb 25, 2002.

1. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    ok here's my one and only pic of my newly graphite-necked sterling, fresh from walgreens one hour photo.

and before someone asks - the headstock reads MO. 6 right now, i'm gonna change the M to an N and black out the other stuff better: if you count it as a new bass it's my 6th, and 6 is the atomic number of carbon. hence = No. 6

2. Coolness. How's it sound with the new neck?
  3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Moses Neck, I'd take it? I'm kinda interested in a Graphite neck for a project bass (i.e. Warmoth, ect). How's it feel, shape wise, to a real Sterling neck?
  4. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    sounds great. takes that MM sound to a new level, and seems to make the difference between series and parallel even bigger. it could use some more low end though - i'm thinking with a bart pickup it'll be ridiculous.

the neck is really wierd, it's 22 fret like a sterling, but has the heel shape and headstock like a J bass. maybe someday i can get the heels matched, but it's not a huge deal for something i got off ebay for 200 bucks :D

it has moses' standard profile, which is supposedly a little between a J and a P - exactly what the sterling is. fast, slim neck, and it's more of a satin finish on the back than a glossy one, so it's great!

i'm real happy with it.

5. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001

This is you "slap" bass isn't it... how is that graphite neck for slap?????? I would assume its alot different than slapping on wooded fretboard