1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Frankenstein P From Quality Parts

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Koog, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Koog

Koog Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Central Iowa USA
    Price:
    $950
    Strings:
    This is a great player's Precision assembled from quality parts.
    • 1995 American Standard P neck. 34" scale. Straight and true. Minor dings, but nothing significant. Traditional C shape, width, and radius. Nickel nut. Added A string retainer.
    • 2012 MIM Fender '50s P bass body in Blonde. Fully shielded cavity. Body and pickguard routed at heel for easy truss rod access. Again, there are a few small dings here and there, but nothing significant. It has been played, but well cared for.
    • Passive electronics. Lindy Fralin P bass style pups. Wound to 10.5k - 11k.
    • Hipshot Ultralite tuners with clover keys. Notice the photo of the rear of the headstock, the old machine drill holes are not doweled. Left it this way, because doweling seldom matches and wanted to have the opportunity to re-install Fender machines if desirable.
    • Babicz high mass chrome bridge. Great bridge for accurate, staying intonation and resonance.
    • Fender neck plate.
    • Dunlop strap lock buttons.
    • Low set up with very smooth action up and down the board.
    • Balances well. No dive.
    • Just a tad over 8.25 pounds.
    Will include a Levy's soft leather black strap, a second pickguard in black, and an iGig I515 gig bag in great condition.

If you're looking for a traditional P, with some nice custom features that will give you the vintage vibe and sound without breaking the bank....this is the one.

My price is $950, shipped CONUS. I only accept PayPal. I will work with international buyers, but all additional charges for shipping, duty and taxes are at the buyer's expense.

No Trades, please. I am reducing my instrument collection as I'm getting older.

Please start a conversation on this forum to make inquiries or buy this bass. Help me keep the thread clean!

Thanks for looking at my Precision.

Full Front. Front Close. Full Back. Back Close up. Headstock Front. Headstock Rear.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017 at 9:06 AM
    Commreman, Jayhawk and molteni like this.