Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Frankenstein Peavey B-Quad 4 - All or parts

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Benjamin Strange, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Ok, so I've modded this thing beyond recognition. It was/is still a great bass, but it ain't pretty. This would be a great project bass for somebody, or you could at least salvage it for parts. Here's the run down:

-Body has been stripped down to the raw maple
    -electronics have been gutted, only the pickups are left
    -the frets have been yanked out and filled with bondo. Looks like hell, but plays great!
    -Black hipshot tuners on every string
    -Modulus graphite neck, flame maple body, Peavey VFL pickups

Make me an offer on all or parts. I am willing to take trades on pedals and/or Boogie gear. Email me for pics.

2. I can;t believe you did this to that awesome bass! I used to have one, and I loved it. Been looking for one since I sold it at a hard time.
    I'd be interested in the bridge and tuners.
    To trade.....I have a new Boss Bass Flanger BF-2 and a used Boss Bass overdrive, the yellow one(Now painted dark red with a skull, I didn't do it.) Thats it for pedals, not into them much, just use my octaver on a few songs.
    Id be interested in the whole thing, depending on what it looks like. Are the piezo's still connected?
    Email.... xhawk4@hotmail.com

Thanks.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Details/pics of the neck? Fender neck pocket?

4. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    im intrested in the neck also

steve

5. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Ok, here's some pics. The piezos have been disconnected, but they are still there, so perhaps it's possible to use them somehow. Other than the VFL pickups and piezos there are no electronics in this; no pots, switches, preamps, etc.

The neck won't fit a Fender neck pocket, I believe. It will fit in most Peavey pockets, though.

[​IMG]

6. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    One more

[​IMG]

7. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    That's weird - I can't get the pics to show up in the thread. Is there something wrong with the software?

8. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    ill take all of it..how much?

steve

9. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]