1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Freakin metal folks out with Prometheus

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jhan, May 10, 2010.

1. jhan

jhan Guest

So I'm rehearsing with this goth metal cover band the other day. We're doing Lacuna Coil's cover of Depeche Mode's "Heaven's a Lie." I'm using a bit of distortion for some edge and growl over one channel on my amp that has lows boosted to compensate for distortion related low-loss. In the second verse, where things quiet down a bit, I stomp on a Prometheus Subdecay set to a moderate sweep from low to high. They just FREAKED OUT. They LOVED IT! They were like, 'Wow, that's really how that song is supposed to sound!"

Goes to show that apart from a bit (and I mean 'a bit') of distortion, not many metal folks are used to bass players who use effects or step outside of the box here and there. Very cool experience.

And BTW - Subdecay Prometheus ROCKS!! Very versatile pedal for what it was designed for, IMO.

2. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    Are you meaning "Enjoy the Silence"?

Either way, the Prometheus is a very cool pedal indeed. Cool to hear how you are using it.

3. jhan

jhan Guest

Yes, Enjoy the Silence. My bad!

4. It is a great pedal!
    I used it to good effect in my envelope filter hating band recently - it worked just like I wanted, nice burping, jumping tone that fit the song perfectly. Not over the top like some filter pedals. Mostly I like that the emphases is on "filter" and not "envelope" :D

5. jhan

jhan Guest

I find it works best for me if I put it before dirt/od pedals.

6. I usually keep one synthy dirt (Prunes & Custard) before it and one nastier Fuzz (Attack Goat) after it.