Freaky people in my amp!?!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by LimpyBizkit397, Jun 2, 2002.

1. Today I was playing and I heard voices. At first I though it was outside because my windows were open and I'm right next to the street. Then when I was next to my amp to fix one of pedals I found out it was coming from amp. It was some woman talking about jesus and religion and it sounded like there was a man but he was muffled. Is this normal? Did I pick up a phone or cell phone convo, or tv, or is it that my amp is the devil? I really have no idea. PLEASE HELP ME!!!
  2. probably picked up a christian talk radio channel
  3. melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    Maybe Jesus was reincarnated as your amp?

My bros cheap cheap wah pedal picks up radiostations, one of your pedals is probably doing that.
  4. supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    I think your amp is probally the devil. Nothing to worry about.
  5. The strange thing is it only stopped after I unplugged my guitar.(yes I was playin a guitar). I think the guitar is the devil! Who wants to help me burn it!!!!
  6. The strange thing is it only stopped after I unplugged my guitar.(yes I was playin a guitar). I think the guitar is the devil! Who wants to help me burn it!!!!
  7. Or more commonly, the guitar lead was acting like a antenna and when passed through your pedals it amplified any small signal changes, and any modulations picked up by your guitar lead. Thus making your amp "pick up" radio. Happens all the time.

Sometimes depending on what rehearsal room we use, the guitarist and I have our amps start to crackle and pop a bit. Its caused by our guitar leads picking up a magnetic field in the room.

8. satan got a hold of it, dont worry, nothing to worry about.....:D nothing to worry about at all.....muahahahha. er, um. nevermind....:p
  9. Jiimy

Mar 3, 2002
    Athens AL, USA
    I'm voting for aliens and Rodney Dangerfield.
    I picked up a police conversation on my wah pedal once.
  10. See.. the Jehova's figured that they didn't get enough minions out of the ( very annoying ) door-to-door method, so now they start broadcasting illegal pirate-radio thingies to spam us musicians too ? :eek:

ye gods ! it ought to be forbidden !

on the other hand.. you could also have received a broadcast of Brittney Spears ' music ', so be glad that you got the reli-stuff instead ! :D
  11. Or worse yet, Limp Bizkit! :p

12. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    *cha-ching* :rolleyes:
  13. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    just don't ever pick up a guitar again. that should solve your problem.. bass only.. ;)
  14. My bass amp is really into that swing music man, every once in a while I hear it kickin' up a righteous trumpet solo :cool:. The bass parts sound pretty amateur though...:rolleyes:
  15. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    The most common cause of picking up RF is a poorly shielded cavity or perhaps a cheapo, poorly shielding cable.

My L2500 was notorious for picking up cordless telephone conversations. Usually only one side though, so I never really knew what was going on.

16. I think your cable is the devil, try a new one.
  17. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    My friends amp and bass have started picking up Spanish radiostations one evening.
  18. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    It's most likely AM radio. A diode and a capacitor is all it takes to pick up AM radio signals. Probably something in the amp came loose or something is touching something its not supposed to, creating a diode or capacitor or something like that.
  19. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    the teeming, restless dead demand that this music related thread not sully the peaceful repose of ot, and so, as their duly appointed representative, i'm going to drag this thread over to miscellaneous.
  20. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    This is a common problem and there is a very easy fix for it: 1) fashion a guitar strap out of a string of garlic and 2) only play during the daylight hours!

Muah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!