Freddy Durst Snaps!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    This is from The Chicago Sun Times:

Metallica's righteous 'Anger' tops crumbling Bizkit

July 28, 2003

Metallica is nothing if not tough. The metal veterans endured everything from alcohol rehab to litigation and a lineup change before emerging with their new album, "St. Anger." So it's no surprise that even a memorable meltdown by openers Limp Bizkit failed to derail the band's triumphant return to the local stage.

Tens of thousands of fans paid $75 apiece to attend Saturday's daylong event at the defunct Hawthorne horse track in Stickney, and Metallica responded with a performance worth every penny. The quartet's set featured a raft of churning hits, stellar showmanship and masterful use of the super-sized stage, replete with showy lighting, four huge video screens and well-placed pyrotechnics.

The metaphorical fireworks started much earlier, however, when heckling fans induced a profane tantrum from Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst and the band quit playing after just 20 minutes.

It was easy to predict a rough reception for the rap-rock has-beens when a significant segment of the crowd booed a mention of the band by previous openers Linkin Park. When Limp Bizkit actually appeared around 7 o'clock, the boos intensified, and some fans pelted the stage with garbage.

The famously brainless Durst only fanned the flames, first encouraging the catcalls and flying trash, then swerving into a bizarre tirade against the crowd and city. Ranting that he'd fight anyone in earshot and spluttering explicit sexual putdowns, uncreative curses and ludicrous homophobic slurs, Durst simply self-destructed. Had the villain in "The Wizard of Oz" been a vile little boob like Durst rather than a snarly old lady in greenface, the movie's "I'm melting!" scene might have looked like this.

The crowd, perhaps stunned, calmed down, and Limp Bizkit played a few more songs (including a sarcastic, gay-bashing cover of George Michael's "Faith" with potty-mouth lyrics that would embarrass a fourth-grader). But then the band left the stage and Durst resumed his vulgar invective from the wings until, mercifully, he was relieved of the microphone.

The aborted set left fans to wait more than 90 minutes for Metallica, but the mood never turned ugly--maybe because a lengthy delay was better than suffering through any more Limp Bizkit.
  2. Hahha...I hate fred,he is way too cocky...and egotistical.

I thought it was ludicris when I saw the line up....mudvayne played first,then deftones I think,then linkin park,and then Limp played 2nd to last(metallica) I couldn't believe it...I'm sure Freddy did some bitchin' for that to be arranged :rolleyes:

thanks for sharing this with us wood:)

3. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    :D :D :D :D :D
    Too Freakin Funny!!
  4. he was on the tom green show,he messed in the head. iam not sur eif its for real but he has a problem when he drinks water, he has to take two sips. i for get wats it called, when like u have to clap u hands 5 times, befor u get out of bed(that was example) seemed like he was useing him mental disorder to like get more know and wat not.
  5. Cumpulsive Disorder,I saw that...

He really is ****'d up...Man,I hate him.

6. Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    Best. Limp Bizkit show. EVER.

:D :D :D :D :D
  7. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    Now i see why they wanted Limp so late in the lineup, if they would have opened no one would have stayed long enough to listen to the other acts :eek: IMO

edit: spelling mistakes
  8. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    1. Sing the line "I know why you wanna hate me" the way Fred does it.

2. Now sing that line in the voice of the old "Pat" character from Saturday Night Live.

3. Ponder. If you can stop laughing, that is.

9. LMFAO!

Dude..thats about the FUNNIEST thing I have read in a while...if Fred actually cared for his music instead of using his "fame" (well used to be...somewhat) to yell the most retarted and stupid things into a mic to a bunch of people, HE might not have gotten booed so much...also if he had an OUNCE of respect for anyone, Limp Bizkit would of gotten a better response from the crowd.

Also, I sure hope they weren't booing the REST of the band, but ONLY Fred, cuz the rest of the band is good. (I finally see the REAL reason Wes probably left...)
  10. Ah yes, Fred Durst. Role model for loud-mouthed pudgy jocks everywhere.
  11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    F-word that guy.

Im glad I got to read that though.

It is a disgrace that the Deftones are so early in the lineup. They are a really creative band with some killer stuff. At least now there is some hope that limpbizkit (Note the new style spelling Fred ordered. One word no capitalizations.) might quit the tour and let the Deftones take a more respectful later position.

12. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    The funnest thing I've read all day:D

13. I agree,Chino actually is dissrespected by opening up for bands like LP and limp...because he says,and I quote "those bands wouldnt be around if it wasnt for us" *shrug* the tones are good:)

14. I really don't like Limp Bizkit, and that just helps my case. It makes me mad that dicks like that can get so far in the music business. Maybe this will help him to go crazy and quit trying to make music.:D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

15. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    oh man.....sweet! :D

Woulda been cool if he did that in Foxboro too.... people still booed them and the linkin pu$$ies, but not enough. Thankfully, I was intoxicated enough and earplugged enough to sit through both of those bands without getting overly annoyed. :D
  16. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    This is a person who got an email from a show attendee. Enjoy! BTW, I had to do some SERIOUS editing!:
    Apparently, this is Mancow's account of the fun and games. I got this via e-mail, so no URL that I'm aware of....

Ifm at the Summer Sanitarium Tour and Fred Durst comes out on stage and instantly people start throwing stuff at him and booing him. They start their hour and a half set and on the giant TV screens their flashing "Mancow Sucks ****" and "Mancow Swallows", they keep flashing this and it keeps getting worse the crowd is getting louder and more and more stuff keeps getting thrown at the band, then finally someone hits Fred right in the nuts with a lemon and thatfs when he really got pissed off. Within seconds the guitar player gets hit in the hand with something and Fred runs over to see how his guitar player is doing meanwhile Fred starts making all these gay comments about Mancow, Fred is so angry now a half hour into the show he calls for gFaithh their final song for the set, Fred is now ending his hour and half set a half hour early, while theyfre playing gFaithh they have scenes from the George Michael video gFaithh playing on the giant TVs and Fred is continuing to make gay comments about Mancow, finally the band just walks off stage. Therefs no one on stage but Fred still has his mic on and you hear Fred say, gI thought you guys were Limp Bizkit fans, but youfre nothing but a bunch of Chicago, c*m burping faggots." "But I won Chicago, you may think youfve won but I won!" "How do you know I won? Cause Ifll be back, and how do you know Ifll be back, because Ifll be ****ing Mancow in the ass on your front lawn!!!h After that comment you could hear management and the record company people just ripping into Fred and yelling at him gHow can you ****ING act like this to these people?!?!?!h
  17. :D ditto
  18. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Wait, wait, wait... Fred Durst exists?
  19. Nope...:rolleyes:
  20. well technically yes... but that doesnt mean he should :smug: