Freddy versus Jason...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Hategear, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Freddy "I'm Burned Like Toast" Krueger.

14 vote(s)
  2. Jason "My Head's Like A Big, Ripe Honeydew Melon" Voorhees.

22 vote(s)
  1. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Anyone planning on seeing this when it opens on the 15th (besides me)? This is something my friends and I used to discuss when we were little -- "Who would win in a fight, Freddy or Jason?" I only wish they'd hype this thing up a little more. You know, promote the hell out of it and maybe it won't flop like Jason X did.

There are some rockin' bands on the soundtrack as well: Type O Negative, Sepultura (featuring Mike Patton), Slipknot, Mushroomhead, Powerman 5000...
  2. i hate these types of films with a passion, but this one intruiques me a bit, i will probably see it (me and my friends see like 2 movies a week)

im not really too familiar with eithers background but ill go with jason b/c he has the pimp hockey mask :p
  3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, I think neither is gonna win. That would be a blow to the either franchise. I say the kids/teens/sexy 20somethings are gonna take care of both of them, or Freddy and Jason are going to wax each other.

And, is it just me, or in the preview, did Jason talk? Jason doesn't talk... which bodes not well.

But, hell, Kelly Rowland? I'm there.

edit: I'm also pissed Kane Hodder isn't gonna be Jason. Hodder was the best Jason EVER.
  4. BaroqueBass

Jul 8, 2000
    Salem, OR
    At least it won't be as bad as House of the Dead.
  5. hahaha i know, that movie looks so awful!

and to think, it coulda been so good :mad:
  6. But if this movie takes place, does this mean Jason has to go to sleep and dream before Freddy appears? Or was there some loop hole that makes it so Freddy can appear in the Real world?
  7. i'm probably gonna see it. i won't pay for it, but i'll go see it (i might have to just leave if it's really bad.)
  8. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    The 15th is my Birthday :cool:

Jason is just a guy in a mask with a chainsaw.

Freddy is the real monster.
  9. Jason will kick some serious ass. Freddy is just an old guy with claws, while Jason is young, buff and has gotta machette to tote around. Die Freddy DIE!!!
  10. aaron f.

aaron f.

Oct 21, 2000
    I vote for Freddy "Gallien" Krueger
  11. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...

Bastard boy floyd will win!

\m/etal sludge......FOREVER!
  12. Metal sludge? Floyd? What the hell are you talking about???
  13. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    I heard two premises to this movie:

1. Freddy takes over Jason's dreams to make him go after people on Elm St. Jason gets mad that Freddy is using him. Terror ensues.

2. Freddy takes over the dreams of the kids on Crystal Lake (is that the lake?). Jason gets mad that Freddy is taking over his job and a turf war starts. Terror ensues.
  14. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin gives Kane a credit in the movie (they also give Corey Feldman a credit in the movie. Corey Feldman, people! Now that's worth the admission price right there). Brendan, where did you read he wasn't playing Jason this time around? If your news is true and I were Robert Englund, I would have insisted that they get Kane Hodder to play Jason!

I originally voted for Jason, but I'd like to change it to Freddy. He can get into your dreams, man.
  15. I chose Jason...that guy is like an unstoppable machine...he dont sleep so Freddy cant get into his dreams..nor his head cuz he dont think, he just goes for it! w00t w00t, go Jason!
  16. Freddy - Super Killer
    Jason - Can't really die

I say it's a tie :D
  17. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Lists Ken Kirzinger as donning the Jason mask for the first time.

I'll say Jason. If you wake up when Freddy is about, you're OK. You can't go to sleep and make Jason go away.

Freddy DOES have the upper hand in that if he's on the prowl, you eventually have to come to him, BUT, he also hasn't made it though as many mvies as Jason has, either...
  18. Leather-face owns them all:)

19. true man :p