1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FREE -Acoustic Control 106 Cabinet and Speakers

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by lokerola, Jan 7, 2018.

1. lokerola

lokerola Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Alexandria Virginia
    Price:
    I have an Acoustic Control 106 cabinet and four 15" speakers available for free. I was going to restore it, but I haven't, and I need it out of my basement.

I bought the cabinet off CL a few years ago and one of the speakers worked, and the other didn't, so I got 2 very good condition used original Eminence speakers to replace them, but never hooked them up. I've had all the parts collecting dust, thinking I was going to restore it back it's former glory - but alas - that has not happened. All four speakers are included (the 2 mis-matched speakers that came in it, and the 2 replacement Eminence speakers, with good dust caps).

The cabinet is in OK shape, the covering is a little beat, but it's solid and not water damaged and would make a cool resto project for someone. The jack on the back of the cabinet is loose and will need to be fixed. I also have some foam lining from parts-express I was going to use to line the cabinets, also yours for the taking.

I am listing the cabinet and all the speakers for free - I need it out of my house or it's going to Goodwill.

I won't ship, sorry. I'm in Alexandria VA, right outside of DC.

Come out into the cold and get yourself some free gear!

Attached Files:

ashtray, MYLOWFREQ and Bulltrout like this.
  2. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    I would totally restore this, but I can't locally pick it up. GLWTS

3. Bulltrout

Bulltrout Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Great sounding cabinet.

4. Only 36 straights hours drive one way? Too bad for me :(

5. lokerola

Nov 2, 2010
    Alexandria Virginia
    Bump - still available for pickup.

6. lokerola

Nov 2, 2010
    Alexandria Virginia
    Bump. Please, for the love of Jaco, Flea, JPJ, Bootsie, Lemmy, Esperanza, Donald Duck Dunn, and James Jamerson - come save this bass cabinet. It's free!

7. GTHintz

GTHintz

Jan 9, 2018
    California
    Hey I know you say no shipping but I'm happy to take it off your hands. I'm in CA. Its probably going to take a bit to ship but if we can figure out what it'll cost I could help you out. Just throwing it out there.

8. lokerola

Nov 2, 2010
    Alexandria Virginia
    Sold! For the high price of nada, zip zilch. :)