Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

free anti-extremism song

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by deepbob, Dec 18, 2002.

1. deepbob

deepbob

Oct 3, 2001
    left field
    simple stuff, opinions welcome.

all the way (mp3)

i know it's just today
    don't care what they say
    cause no matter your cause
    i can't go all the way

we would return again
    to the ancient fantasy
    a world of absolutes,
    and shining in destiny

and i can't help but say
    don't work it that way
    cause it don't work that way
    and i won't go all the way

but i can't help but say
    cause i feel that way today
    cause it locks me in the fray
    and i can't go all the way

but neither would you
    there's just too much to do
    the bills they lock you down
    and you're already there

but i can't help but say
    don't work it that way
    and i won't go all the way

so you motion to me
    come stay, come play
    come tell me the way
    whatever it is you may...

except this one part
    where the rules say it is
    and so it was, and so is
    and i can't help but say

and i can't help but say
    don't work it that way
    i won't go all the way

:eek:

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Hey I like Extreme. Nuno Bettencourt rules. What's the problem?

3. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    You're gonna wanna take that one down before a mod does.

4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    deepbob, you have so many effects on your voice that I can't understand a word you're singing. All the songs sound exactly the same, are they the same song with different lyrics?

5. deepbob

deepbob

Oct 3, 2001
    left field
    i'm not writing/making songs, i'm making jams that i can run poetry over, and testing texture constructs. all these things are just improvised, outside of the drum tracks and other sequenced elements of course.

yes the drum tracks are the same between the two, as is the simple decending bass line. but there are variations on everything else between them.

the voice track's in the others were intentionally impossible to understand for that track, which is why i posted the lyrics/poem too. it's because i would add several other voice tracks over it to make things like artculation of the words themselves more discernable.

the song was just a quickie first run, trying to find a texture i like and that sits well with others. this wasn't it, but had some redeeming features, anmely the jsuxtaposition of syncapated guitars against the funk pattern in the drum track and the simplistic slap line.

so you're not hearing any variation or performance qualities for that reason.

this variant on the rock & roll recording might show how i would go back and add voice tracks to fill out various inaudible parts, as well as how i might back and add to the texture (i like a lot of overkill, which i understand flies in the face of many folks' musical preferences).

but i haven't worked on the song since this mp3 was burned. i will be coming back to it and will handle things like the important point you make.

just trying to find something that sounds truly different, and got a long way to go obviously.