1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FREE BASS ADS?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassmelon, Apr 15, 2006.

1. bassmelon

bassmelon

Sep 24, 2005
    did anyone do one of thoes "free bass ads" i see all around talkbass.com

thay are always there mostly free musicman sting ray

2. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    They're frauds, they require you to open lines of credit, be approved and use them and buy different products. You have to complete 10 pages of offers with multiple offers on each page paying for every one that wants money. You can read this in the small print before you sign up. They do this on many topics depending what site the ads appear on.

Seriously, who is going to give you an $1100 bass for filling out a survey.

3. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Always remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Here endeth the lesson.

4. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Although on the other hand, when FreeIpods.com had the Ebay offer, that was sweet.

5. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    I havn't checked this out, but I'm going to make a judgement based on an article I read once.

It was a video game magazine (I forget which. I think the Xbox one). What they did was took up one of these offers to see if it's too good to be true. They actually did get a free Xbox, but there was a LOT of work for it. They're tips were basically:
    1. Keep track of all the offers you do. It'd be easier to have a large calender or something so you'll know when to cancel the offer things.
    2. Cancel the trials on the day it expires, or a day before

It took them somewhere around a month or so of doing that. Really, it'd be much easier to buy a new bass. And if you don't end those trials then you'll have to be paying for it. That's not good.