1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Free bass! Paying it forward.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by fnp5150, Nov 25, 2018.

1. fnp5150

fnp5150

Sep 18, 2017
    Valdosta,GA
    I have a Ibanez Gio in beautiful red that is in what i would classify as very good confition (8/10). I bought it for an experiment to see if I could learn bass left-handed due to a left hand injury. Needless to say, it has been a total failure lol. Trying to erase a lifetime of right handed playing is not easy, first guitar was at age 9, 38 years ago. I have MUCH more potential continuing to progress learning right handed without much help from my left index finger, think I have been expecting to progress faster than is reasonable. Anyways, I have this little left handed bass that I only gave $100 for, and I need to make sure it gets used. If anyone knows of a kid who would like to learn or an adult on hard times without a bass, get back to me. I know lefty’s are harder to come by, so passing it along will be my Christmas good deed. I will put $50 into shipping. All I ask is that it go to a good cause.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  2. @fnp5150

That's a fine thing you're doing :) With me being in Scotland I can't recommend anyone but I've heard of groups working with kids from poor families or maybe your local social services dept will know a worthy case.

Anyway I salute you Sir.

3. mrb327

mrb327

Mar 6, 2013
    Colorado
    Nobody Knows
    Or possibly a local middle or high school

Wonderful premise

LoTone, ERIC31 and saabfender like this.
  4. rohi

rohi Lead Lined Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Philadelphia
    This is great, I wish I could contribute more but hopefully the right person sees this thread.

5. Marko 1

Marko 1

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    My advice would be to sell it cheap, but make someone pay SOMETHING for it, otherwise it won't be appreciated. :)

reddog and RichSnyder like this.
  6. saabfender

saabfender Banned

Jan 10, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Ask local jr/sr high school band teacher about a deserving student you could pass it on to.

CaseyVancouver, LoTone and ERIC31 like this.
  7. fnp5150

fnp5150

Sep 18, 2017
    Valdosta,GA
    Good idea, I have 2 kids in middle school band

8. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Good man! :thumbsup::)

Spidey2112 likes this.
  9. fnp5150

fnp5150

Sep 18, 2017
    Valdosta,GA
    Will make sure somebody gets it, but I know anybody recommended by Talkbass would really appreciate it. Don’t want it ending up in a closet of ‘forgotten’ toys, like in Toy Story waiting for a home

10. InternetAlias

InternetAlias

Dec 16, 2010
    Serbia
    Dang, I have a friend who's left handed and wants to start playing bass, but he can't find one cheap.

I live way too far away to be able to snatch it for him since shipping to serbia would be way too expensive, so here's hoping it finds a good home :D

Rock Salad likes this.
  11. fnp5150

fnp5150

Sep 18, 2017
    Valdosta,GA
    Ooh, yeH I probably couldn’t swing shipping to Serbia

12. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    A local Veterans organization might have a music program...

jharms80439 likes this.
  13. tbird46553

tbird46553 Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2012
    North Central IN
    Well done good and faithful servant. Seriously, that is potentially a life changing for a recipient.

jackn1202 and five7 like this.
  14. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    From experience, this 100x over. And then when you see it up for sale later you won’t mind.

15. Ghook

Ghook Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2018
    Eastern US
    I hate to say I agree but the above is so true. The only other is "Guitars for Vets". It goes to the group and they assign it to a vet .

16. fnp5150

fnp5150

Sep 18, 2017
    Valdosta,GA
    Checked on that, seems they only take monetary donations. They have corporate sponsors that they get the instruments from.

17. LoTone

LoTone Clean as an Entwistle... Gold Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Quebec, Canada
    I disagree with that. I have given instruments to schools before. If you give an instrument to a school in good condition, the kids will be more than happy to play it. Usually, if you bring in an instrument in good condition, it is actually the teacher that will appreciate it the most. They are the ones that can appreciate that you brought in a good piece of gear.

madbass6 likes this.
  18. madbass6

madbass6 Banned

Jan 13, 2009
    I do not give consent to use any of my photos ! please respect that. thank you.
    Wow!! That's awesome!
    Says allot about you!

19. dan1952

dan1952 Commercial User

Jun 27, 2012
    Anderson IN
    Artist Endorsement with Supro Huntington Basses / Owner, Dan's Music, Inc..
    Very cool of you!

20. nasonm

nasonm

Jan 28, 2004
    Bangor, ME
    If it was right handed, I'd have some suggestions but some lefty is going to get a wonderful treat. Good on you!