FREE Bass Transcriptions- All the Greats!!

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Luke125, Mar 6, 2001.

1. Luke125

Mar 6, 2001
    Stop by for FREE transcriptions by all great
    bass players!! Jaco, Marcus, Stanley, and many more!!
  2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Your friendly moderator is perplexed over this post. Technically it fits the description of an unpaid ad for another site, but I did click the link and the poster does offer up some charts that could prove very useful to jazz bassists.

I'll leave this post up awhile. If members find it offensive, it is going to disappear. But I'm inclined at this juncture to be tolerant because the poster is not selling us anything, just telling us he has free charts we might like to use. You gotta love that.

3. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Lucas Pickford's site(AKA Luke125?)was mentioned in one of the Bass mags a couple months ago(...was it Bass Frontiers?). Anyway, he does have some nice stuff at his site...bass transcriptions, guitar, trumpet, piano, sax(?!). Coltrane solos transcribed?! How 'bout doin' 'Trane's solo on "Transition"? ;)
    I also get the feeling that LP likes the Chick Corea album called Four's one of my favorites(still); very Steps Ahead-ish(IMO).

Luke, I tried to cop a view of "Green Earrings" & nothin' came up...

Nevermind, I just hit the site & everything's fine...great stuff!
  4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

This person has posted this three times and these are his only posts - I think this is quite clearly an attempt at "free advertising" and even if it is a good site I think we owe it to Paul, given his financial position, to discourage this sort of thing. This is only my own opinion, but I think we should alert Paul and give him the option to pursue funding or reciprocal arrangements rather than have this "lurking" in what is supposed to be a dicussion forum.
  5. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I'm divided here. (But being a Libra, we always see both sides of every argument, ad nauseum.)

I did notice Lucas posted in several forums here. That got my goat. But, he isn't selling anything, unlike the last unpaid and uninvited advertiser who had nothing at his site but his questionable instruction videos for sale.

There's another thing, too. Lucas has posted a link to TalkBass at his site. The other poster offered no such service in return for his "ads."

I regularly link ActiveBass here when a poster asks a question I think Active Bass handles very well and feel there is no need for us to use up bandwidth reinventing the wheel when Active Bass already has some excellent basic fundamentals in scales, chords and modes there.

But, the difference is I am endorsing that site with absolutely nothing to gain for myself, so as such, I am not really advertising. If one of us had discovered Lucas' site and mentioned it here, it would seem easier to "digest", because it wouldn't be self serving, but would be more like a community service announcement for our benefit.

The main objection here is that Lucas, himself, posted the announcement to his own web site., without being a member far as I know. Well, I guess he registered or he couldn't have posted. Secondly, he does not enter our discussions at TalkBass or answer questions posters ask for bass advice, though he would be an excellent contributer and an asset to our message board.

So what may be objectionable is motive. I believe his motive is benign in that he is offering a free service many of us can enjoy. He is not asking us to buy anything or pay for the charts. Also, though it may look manipulative, he did post a link too TAlkBass. I do wish he'd "discuss" with us here because he has much to offer and his presence in that fashion might get many more hits to his site than the simple one off announcement he posted.

6. cocobasser

Dec 11, 2011
    Hey Folks,

Just a little not for all of you begginners or exerienced players who are looking to sharping there Playing. I have started a forum on Facebook dedicated to recomending the best sites online for free transcriptions with Tabs. Also through this i will be launching my own website dedicated to free transcription of Bass Player music. This will include the likes of Jeff Berlin, Marcus Miller, Stanley Clarke, Pino Palledino, Will Lee, Andrew Gouche and many more. I will also be giving online lessons on each transcription via youtube. Please follow, like, subsribe to the links below for more details. Please subscribe to all things coming very soon.

You can also find me at

Bass Players Looking for Free online Transcriptions visit here for help

My Website will be launching Mid to Late December

Index of /

Please Spread the word

I will also be taking request for New Tracks transcribed