free beer!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by lesfleanut, Jul 13, 2002.

1. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    lol j/k, thought that would grab some attention. anyways, I just wanted to know whats your favorite song outside your normal listening music (eg. not a song from your favorite band) like somthing that you can realy close your eyes and enjoy. mine is dave matthews band - crush. its just a realy good song to sit back and close your eyes and just think and take in the music.
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    <font size=7>Where's my beer?!?!?!?</font size>

:mad: :D

<small>Oh, and I can relax to Paula Cole's Harbinger album :cool: </small>
  3. I typically listen to metal type stuff so it's strange for me that I like Eminem's work (save your opinions please). He has a good rapping style and I like the fact that he's not rapping about "bling bling" and how much money he has.
  4. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    I'm not touching that with a 20 foot stick.
  5. David Sanborn - Pearls. A real swank bluesy feel, kind of where you can imagine a 50's club (full of obligatory cig smoke - no problem, cuz' I smoke...), holes in the wall, etc...GREAT sax, nice horns, a lot of good upright and fretless work (Marcus Miller is on it on a cover of "Nobody Does it Better")...

Another one that I like is Deguello (ZZ TOP)...probably the best they ever did, right before they went POP (BOO)...Romantic Warrior by Return to Forever is one that is cool (Stanley Clarke, Chick Corea, John McLaughlin)...Most any SRV.

6. I really like to relax with Counting Crows's Live On A Wire acoustic album playing in the background...
  7. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Alman Bro's brothers & Sisters,
    Whenever I want to chill and get away from what I play or listen to I alway go for a little southern rock.
  8. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    im usually listening to metal and rock but when i listen to bela fleck and the flecktones-when i want to get funky, it really gets me groovin
  9. Im not a fan of any dance or techno music, but at the moment Im really liking 'A Little Less Conversation' by Elvis and JXL. Of course it helps that Im already an Elvis fan.
  10. I mainly listen to punk music. Like BassPanther, I do enjoy my eminem every now and then. Some of his stuff is pretty darn good, I don't care what anybody thinks.

There is also some pop music I like. I like alot of 80s pop too.
  11. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    hehe, im gonna embarrass myself here but lately ive been listening too sheriff - when im with you :)
  12. hmm...outside my realm? wow, that is darn hard...hmm, I kinda like that song by Avril Lavigne...she seems better than any other pop artist out there.