Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FREE beginner's lessons for TBers near Worcester, MA

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by brianrost, Dec 5, 2005.

1. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    This is in response to the recent jazz/rock elitism thread where there was a comment that many players could not afford to take lessons.

OK, I was just thinking that as a way to give back to the folks who helped ME when I was starting out I'm willing to offer beginner lessons to any TBer who lives in the Worcester, MA vicinity who can't afford the $20 a pop for paid lessons.

I can't offer very much but I can cover the absolute basics...reading notation, learning the fingerboard, basic rhythms, how to construct simple lines from chords, learning songs by ear, etc. I can impart enough in 3 or 4 sessions to get you going.

All you need is a bass.

I can't stress enough this is for BEGINNERS, I'm not equipped to teach anyone else.

Email me if you're interested.

2. whitedk57

whitedk57

May 5, 2005
    Franklin, NC
    Man, that sounds tempting...but the drive from New Mexico will negate that $20 savings. :crying:

That is a very cool jesture on your part. Not many people would take the time to do something so cool.