Free Concerts Kick A**!!!! (post for mostly canadians)

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by relman, Jul 15, 2001.

1. I just came back from a free concert in downtown winnipeg. I got to see Sloan, one of the few great canadian bands out there. Crazy show, very cool people. The bassist (forget his name) was playing this fender bass, kinda like Cobain's guitar only with a small P Pickup, and it wasn't buried in the mix. Well, won't be able to sleep since my ears can't stop ringing.
    Are any other Canadian cities having these concerts? Here, they are sponsored by Molson...

...and the joke is, when he awoke his, body was covered in coke fizz....
  2. well, we had the canada day bash about 2 weeks ago, and last night was like a huge block party downtown. Great big sea is playing today...eeww
  3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, i got a chance to celebrate a bit in toronto when i was up there. actually went to the edgefest - very cool. not free, but worth every cent. besides, since i was paying in american dollars, although it wasn't free, it was like everything was on sale bigtime. :D.
  4. I live in Edmonton and I've seen Wide Mouth Mason play here a bunch of times, never paid for it once. I think there are more than a few great Canadian bands Headstones, Nickelback, The Tragically Hip, Our Lady Peace, I Mother Earth, Sloan, Wide Mouth Mason, The Tea Party, Matthew Good Band etc...