Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Free, easy, PRO band website builder???

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by lildrgn, Jul 15, 2004.

1. lildrgn

lildrgn

Jul 11, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    For the past 2 years or so, I've been using Yahoo!/Geocities' free website builder. It's not the best, but in lieu of learning HTML, etc, it worked in a pinch. The results were workable, but very boring and really amateurish.

So, what's a band to do?

Well, I could pay someone, but being that my band has a tough time paying rent :)p), that's not going to happen.

We were going to stick with Yahoo!, when, out of the blue, my guitarist struck gold.

Take a look here to see what I've built in one evening.

Then take a look here to make one for yourself.

Really pro, really easy, really cheap, and, well, I love it.

You can thank me later. :D

2. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Yeah, if you don't know HTML, templates are the best way to go. I knew nothing about HTML when I started building my site, so I used templates, but in doing so I learned a ton about HTML. Well, a ton in my respect. I'd still like to have a flashy webpage, but since I did this one myself I'm not paying a designer.

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Eversoft has a free program called 1st page 2000 or something like that. You can easily build a website with it, and even learn html if you so choose. I forget the link but google still works.