Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Free electronics for everyone!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DigMe, Jul 6, 2004.

1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    So I'm pretty set on new speakers that I'm buying for new front and surround channels on my home theater. Today though I just decided to take one last trip to some stores around town to see if anyone could beat the price+quality with anything else. So I went to this one local electronics/appliance store and I walk in and there's no one in there. I just don't see one person. So I start looking around and checking some stuff out and still no one has come out to greet me or even see who was there. So I look over into the office/counter area and I can see that someone is sitting there in a chair so I go over and take a look. There's this really old guy just laid back in this chair in a deep sleep. So I went back to the speakers I was looking at and cranked them up to see if the guy would wake up. Nothing...cranked it up some more...nothing. I was seriously starting to wonder if the guy was dead (he was pretty old). After staring at him for a few minutes I saw the slightest of movements that indicated breathing. That was a relief. Then I left.

I swear I could have walked out of that place with a whole new surround system and a big screen TV. I probably could have signed myself up for DirecTV while I was at it and the guy never would have stirred. Hell, I probably could have sat in his lap as I did that too...which I had a strange desire to do but that's a different thread.

Anyway, it was funny at the time. Don't know if it is now. I didn't steal anything by the way...not my style...I don't steal unless there's violence involved. Just a personal ethic.

brad cook

2. Yay for morals Brad. Plus, the store probabaly had cameras that you couldn't see. That's where the police try and trip you up, I mean...er...Yay for morals Brad. :D

3. Kavorka

Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    HA HA - you could have made your own "Weekend at Bernie's" from the sounds of it!

Seriously, that would have freaked me out.

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Go back with a camera, or use one of his. We need pics of you posing with this Methuselah of the electronics retail world.

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hey that's a good idea...maybe if I go in the same time tomorrow I can get a picture. Maybe that's his regular nap time.

Darn! If I only had a job I'd have had that camera phone by now!

brad cook

6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Just use one of the camera phones they have in the store, take it home, upload it to your comp and then return it before he wakes up.

7. Return it why....? ;)

8. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Brad....just out of curiosity's sake, what store was it? :ninja:

Hehe---we should go torment the fellow Thursday. I'll bring my digicam :D

9. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004

**cough cough**

10. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    By the way---

you need to update your profile!!!!! You ain't in Kansas anymore, Toto :spit: :D

11. Was that directed at me? Even if it wasnt, I still changed my profile. :bag:

And Bassturtle, Did you even look at the winky guy? Did you, DID YOU?!?!? ;) , OBVIOSULY means that I was kidding. Like now. If I added a WINKY SMILY GUY, it would be clear that I was KIDDING about YELLING on the INTERNET!!!

;) :D :p ;) :D ;) :p

12. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Maybe it was a scam :eek: and they had the place video taped so they could see if people would steal or not. Then post the results on Fox!

13. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    I know, I know, I know :)

14. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    :eek: Thats a bit gross :rolleyes: anyone want a free quote for a sig line :D

15. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

Nope, I'm referring to Mr. Brad who apparently still lives in Temple.

16. That would be stealing.

Returning it means it's sharing.

:p

17. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    You're right...I just haven't gotten around to changing it to "Hell".

brad cook

18. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    To be honest when I kind of quit thinking about stereos and realized how long I'd been there and still not seen or heard anyone my first thought was that the place was possibly getting robbed or something (there were several cars out front so it seemed like there should be several people inside) and my first thought was considering the best way out. Then I saw the lower half of the guy from my vantage point and went and checked it out.

brad cook

19. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

Not diggin' Whack-o, eh?

20. Kavorka

Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Sheesh. Maybe something seedy was going on in the back and the sleeping guy was there just to convince you everything was cool and to move on.