Free Gift from Elixer?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by KeithBMI, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Does anyone know what Elixer send you after you have completed their trial? I filled out both online forms and sent the strings back. It's been about 3 weeks... I just want free stuff! :hyper:
  2. Sounds like you get a big phat nothing! :p but seriously now, what do you get??
  3. Did anyone get anything yet? I sent mine in several weeks ago. :smug:
  4. I got my strings in june and I still havn't sent them back yet!
  5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Strange feeling you're just gonna get more free strings and perhaps a tshirt. Other than that, I know I haven't sent mine back cause I use strings forever, let alone elixirs...
  6. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I sent mine back quite a while ago.

My guess is that Elixir wont be sending out the "gifts" until they receive a pre-determined amount of returns and completed surveys, or they hit a pre-determinde (by them) cut-off date. Then they'll send out the "gifts" to the participants all at the same time.

This is only conjecture on my part...
  7. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Hm, I'll probably send mine back around December...

I mean, they still sound good. I actually ahve another 3 sets, so um...they should keep me lasted for the next few years. I like the not so bright but punchy tone...oh well

My guess is probably a set of strings or something.
  8. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    Until I find out
    what the 'gift' deal is all about,
    I'll just keep 'em.
  9. If I remember right, the deal was to return the strings and complete the final review by the end of December - so my guess is that sometime soon after the new year, our "free gift" will come.

I've still got my trial Elixers on my Ken Lawrence. They still sound great and are holding up very well. :bassist:
  10. elwood

elwood there is no spoo

Jul 25, 2001
    Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
    If you like the way the Elixirs sound out of the box, then you're in for some real bang for your buck. My hands don't sweat easily, I use a light touch, and with any luck I could get close to a year out of a set of nanos. My test set were virtually new when I called it quits on this trial.
  11. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    So, basically, instead of participating in the survey, you're just going to steal the materials, instead. :rolleyes:
  12. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I'm fairly certain the packet of info that arrived with the strings said that they wouldn't be sending any of the gifts out until after the first of the year.
  13. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    I bet it's something like a key ring or something like that. I didn't care for the sound of the strings. The sound didn't change, so if you like them, they're great.
  14. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    I think I'm about ready to take mine off and send them back. I just noticed how dead they sounded when I changed strings on my other fretless, and let's say the difference was shocking, more than what I had imagined. If the gift was another set of strings, that would be cool though. I think they're good on a fretless for sure.
  15. I thought it said return them before the end of the year and get a free gift.

...Who knows... :p
  16. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I sent my used strings in a month ago, nothing yet. I figure it'll be a keychain or bumper sticker... and that's fine.

I'm guessing they'll send 'em all out at the same time once enough people send in the strings, as Slater said.

I really like Elixirs. They sound great on my Sadowsky, probably because it's such a bright bass to begin with.
  17. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Bah. I still have mine on one of my basses...I notice that I've stopped playing that bass altogether. Not a good sign for me ever using elixers ever again.
  18. elwood

elwood there is no spoo

Jul 25, 2001
    Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
    Probably everyone else knows by this as well, but Craig Theorin just emailed that the gifts will be going out in January.
  19. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003