Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Free Headhunters + WAR show in SF August 17(sunday). First Bay Area TB get together?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Blackbird, Jun 11, 2003.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    This is going to be a rare opportunity to see Paul Jackson live. WAR is headlining the bill.

Click here

Anyone interested in getting together on a (hopefully) sunny sunday to eat some food and hear some live music?

Many other interesting shows too. Check the lineup.

2. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    Wow, 2 of my all time favorites! Paul is my Jaco! I've seen him twice--mid-70's w/ HH, 2 years ago w/ Mike Clark/ Fred Wesly/ Larry Goldings!

To anyone in the area: Do NOT miss Paul "action" Jackson:D

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Bump!

4. I'll be going to see WAR Friday the 22nd, also a freebie. Unfortunately we don't get the Headhunters with them- we get (Jefferson)Starship. Eck....

AT least WAR should be fun...

5. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    War is great. Hopefully they Hired a bass player.

AJ

6. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Huh...

I just checked thier bio, whats the guitar players name? looks like he's not with them anymore. but on the up side they hire a bass player (the keybords left hand was doing the duties the couple times Ive seen them.

AJ

7. sorry. there's a free noise show i'm going to... some friends of mine are playing.

Noise in the park For years, a neglected patch of industrial wasteland known as Toxic Beach thrived as the perfect place to put on a free outdoor punk, electronic, or noise show. Now thanks to Erich Fendler, who started organizing the T.B. events four years ago and now leads electronic musique concrete band Filthmilk, the DIY atmosphere continues at Potrero del Sol Park in the Mission District. Fendler's successful series of shows, loftily titled 'Alarming Misuse of Electronic Gadgetry,' cater to the kids who are hard of hearing and give bands a chance to injure everyone's eardrums without annoying noise ordinances or interference by sleepy neighbors. Along with Filthmilk, today's performers include Flower5hop, Commode Minstrels in Bullface, Tarantism, Curse of the Birthmark, Skozey Fetish, DeathxDeath, and Scott Arford. 2 p.m., Potrero del Sol Park amphitheater, Potrero at 25th St., S.F. Free. (415) 724-1477. (Filthmilk also plays with Manquins and Invisible Enemies, 9 p.m., Kimo's, 1351 Polk, S.F. $5. 415-885-4535.) (Michelle Valdez)